Trans Problems Again!

Biggreen94

Reaction score
The trans in my truck(E4OD) is acting funny again. Pulling up to a stop sign it acts like the converter isn't unlocking. Driving down the road it wants to shift back in and out of overdrive. I also noticed the tach doesn't work at idle, but does work going down the road. :confused: Could this be the FIPL? The trans was rebuilt about 6000 miles ago, so I'm figuring it has to be something electrical.

Biggreen94

Reaction score
I checked the FIPL and it was 1.15 V at idle and 3.85 at WOT. So what else could it be? Trans is full, and its not running hot. :confused:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Trans

Biggreen94 said:
I checked the FIPL and it was 1.15 V at idle and 3.85 at WOT. So what else could it be? Trans is full, and its not running hot. :confused:

There is a hex nut just to the right of the oil fill. It has two wires that connect to the FIPL. I forget the exact name of the "tach sensor" but this thing tells the tranny when to shift. No tach at idle is a dead give away that it is shot. $45 from the stealer.

pafixitman

Reaction score
TRANNY

A quick test.
Take it out / off and clean it w/ brake cleaner. It uses a magnet and gets crude in it. Put it back on and see if you have a tach reading at idle. Then see if the shifts are better. If so, buy one and replace it. It will fail again. Cleaning it only buys you some time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online