Trans. info?

DMax Demon

Reaction score
Can you make a 2wd tranny a 4wd? and if so how? i have a '94 F250 ext. cab long bed 4x4 project truck with a 7.3 idi and an E4od tranny. any input would be appreciated

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
You will need the output shaft from a 4X4 unit.

To change it out. The tranny need to be completely disassembled to change out the shafts. The only way to access the snap ring is inside the tranny.

DMax Demon

Reaction score
thats badnews to me im not very familiar with trans work anything else i can do but wen it comes to trannys i usually take them to a shop

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to go to the junkyard and get a 4x4 E4OD, T-case (with shifter), and driveshafts.

Heath

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you make a 2wd tranny a 4wd? and if so how? i have a '94 F250 ext. cab long bed 4x4 project truck with a 7.3 idi and an E4od tranny. any input would be appreciated

The way I read it, you already have a 4WD. A 4X4 is 4WD. Is there a button on the end of the shift lever?

Or is my dyslexic kicking in.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I'm thinking he's got an e4OD that's a 2wd, and wants to make it work in his 4wd truck.

I have a similar situation... just haven't been able to convince myself to tear apart both my C6's to swap the tailshafts so my 2wd diesel C6 works in my truck as a 4wd.

DMax Demon

Reaction score
i have a e4od that was in the the truck with a borgwarner tcase mated to it. the trans went out two weeks ago and ive been looking for a new one i found a two wheel drive one for 300 and was trying to figure out how much work it would be to make it a four wheel drive trans.

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Hey DMAXDEMON - I live one town over from you in Yorkville and I am heading to Sheridan to mow my grandma's grass.....I'd be more than happy to help.

Please PM your number and name, I have a 4x4 E4OD sitting around...

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
i have a e4od that was in the the truck with a borgwarner tcase mated to it. the trans went out two weeks ago and ive been looking for a new one i found a two wheel drive one for 300 and was trying to figure out how much work it would be to make it a four wheel drive trans.

You will need to remove the internals to swap the 4x2 out put shaft for the 4x4 output shaft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726