Tires...beating a dead horse again...

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So....

Whats everyones opinion on 315's...the increased height would be nice to lower rpm's at cruising speed. Any rubbing issues (I think its the 92+body style that has problems with these tires rubbing). I'm going to go measure.

When you measure to see if they fit, only measure half of the difference of the two heights. Some people will wonder how much higher their truck is going to sit when they put 35's on in placed of 30's and they say "five inches" when its really only 2.5.

remington88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a set of dueler revos. they work real good in everything but sand. 285/75/16 range E. i cant hear them over the truck so i dont think there that noisy. btw the first set of numbers is the width of the tire and the second is percent of width for sidewall hight

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I run Uniroyals, LT265/75/R16

And I run 'em down to the cord before replacing them.

I wanna try those old style Bias-Ply Hercules tires

You must be registered for see images attach

I've always liked these!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Im going to go with 315's buckshot, when my 285 buckshots wear out, my truck looks like it will fit the 315 just fine and mine has no lift, while my buddys truck had to have a add a leaf for his to set as high as mine cause his front end was sagging so bad, it was saggin so bad 285 were rubbing, after an add a leaf and a front end alignment his is were mine is, if my 315 rub i will do a little fender modification:D

IH_444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know this is way off topic but i have watched alot of your 6.2 videos on you tube;Sweet
Ya, I've been slacking on making videos- have 2 new trucks I haven't even shown to youtube.

As for new tires, I was told to look at Kuhmo KL-78s. I'm pretty impressed, tread is decent for an AT, and I can get them for around $130-135 each for a 285. That's mounted, balanced, and new stem.

I think I'm going with those when the time comes.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
A tire that sure suprised the hell outta me is the dunlop radial rover A/T i thought they would suck in the mud, but me and my buddy been everywere in his truck with them we went threw places a susuki samari got stuck in, there crazy, there almost as good as my buckshot, except they were better on the road and do better in snow and ice, i have thought seriosly about buying them instead of buckshot

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i will say again the procomp extreme ATs are a very nice tire. i run them in a 315/75/16 variety and they do everything i need em for. i also fit them with no issues, but i have an F-350.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Reason would be running 70mph with 285's I should be around 2550rpm's. With 315's it would cut it down to a little over 2400rpms.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I run Uniroyals, LT265/75/R16

And I run 'em down to the cord before replacing them.

I wanna try those old style Bias-Ply Hercules tires

You must be registered for see images attach

I've always liked these!
I used to run some critters like that years ago on a jeep pickup . They did fine in the mountains , on squirrily dirt roads and rocks and in most desert conditions and in snow, pretty worthless on soft sand Need wider floatation tires for that.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Reason would be running 70mph with 285's I should be around 2550rpm's. With 315's it would cut it down to a little over 2400rpms.

yea 70 mph kinda sucks, i mean it dont bother me cause i aint hurting the engine, just my ears and my walletLOL i really want a zf5

65sixbanger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea 70 mph kinda sucks, i mean it dont bother me cause i aint hurting the engine, just my ears and my walletLOL i really want a zf5

The ZF is freakin awesome when you hit the highways, I can cruise at 80, about 6lbs of boost and it just hums. I still have 3.55's so that helpss out too...

FrozenRedneck

Reaction score
I know we used to run only BFG's on all our trucks. We'd get 60,000 miles outta a set pulling a 30ft living quarters all over the west, and 19,500 pound combine on a 2004 Chevy 2500HD gasser...cookoo

I but our last set on the 03 7.3 are at 21,000 miles and almost completely gone... :dunno

Here's a new name, Wild country XTX. We've got 45,000 miles on a set, pulling a 3 horse steel trailer everywhere it goes, very even wear, got another 10,000 easy.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in a similar situation in that I will have to replace my tires this year. My job situation is very uncertain right now, so I'm not sure what I will be buying yet. I'm most likely going to get a pair of the General Grabber AT-2 tires. They have gotten a VERY good review over at the Tire Rack website, and they had them on sale for $122 ea. At that price, I can't pass them up. They are said to have some noise, but pretty quite for an AT tire.

I'd also like to put a pair of Michelin AT2 tires on the front. I've run them on the front of my 2wd half ton, and they are a great tire for the road. Quiet, smooth riding, good wet and icy traction, good handling, and long tread life. They actually get a decent rating in deep snow too. The tread isn't very wide like most AT tires, so they aren't going to do great in really nasty mud, but I think they would do good in most situations. The tread pattern has a lot of edges and a lot of sipes that help grip wet pavement, ice, and hard packed snow, and I think it will do pretty good on wet grass too. I try not to get into the nasty stuff anyway, but if you want a tire that you can go play in some mud with, then Michelin AT2 probably isn't going to be aggressive enough for you. Tire Rack had them listed at $185 ea last month.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm not worried about diameter, I know they will fit that way, I'm worried about rubbing when I turn...

I'm thinking General Grabber AT2's...I'm on a real tight budget, work isnt giving me full hours now a days so....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online