Tires...beating a dead horse again...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know on my truck, and for the way I use it (03 Excursion, "Family Car"/Tow Vehicle/Winter get-to-work). I have the Firestone Transforce AT Tires. I have not had traction issues with these anywere I have taken the truck, I have had it in a bit of slop, not mudding by any means, but the local county fairgrounds parking area is in a low spot, and it always seems to rain the week before the fair making about half the parking area 4X4 accessable only. I have moved throught the slop loaded, and have pulled out an F-150 EC 4X4 with the factory highway slicks on it and have not spun a tire. They are quiet on the road and seem to be wearing well. My Dad actually likes them well enough he has told me if I get rid of the truck anytime soon, he want the tires off of it, and I can have his shot Goodweek Wranglers off his truck....

Here is the tires that I have.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
The problem with my truck is that I have an open diff, and a light truck. I need a traction tire as it's very easy for my truck to not go anywhere in just light mud. Throw ut in 4 wheel drive abd mash the peddle it will go through a lot, but 2wd I need something to help out. Hoping these tires will give me more traction

maybe one day I will get a limited slip LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Justin,

I understand... I have a 3.73LS... and the truck is HEAVY!!!! I weighed it at the elevator, and normal load, no passengers, 1/2 tank of fuel, it was almos 8000 lbs. You put the 7 in my family, I am closer to 9000 with all the stuff they bring with them..... I can drive in 2wd where my Dad has to use 4x4 in his 97 F-250LD Extended Cab, LS......

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin,

I understand... I have a 3.73LS... and the truck is HEAVY!!!! I weighed it at the elevator, and normal load, no passengers, 1/2 tank of fuel, it was almos 8000 lbs. You put the 7 in my family, I am closer to 9000 with all the stuff they bring with them..... I can drive in 2wd where my Dad has to use 4x4 in his 97 F-250LD Extended Cab, LS......

That weight makes a ton of difference. I tried to pull my dads workvan out of a foot and a half of snow. All I did was spin. Used my dads truck (08 F350 6.4psd, weighs roughly 8500) and it pulled it with ease, and it had the factory tires!

Danoflapper

Reaction score
I just bought a set of 265/75/16 Kuhmo Road Adventure tires last week. I've only got like 400 miles on them so far but i like them. They do pretty good off road. I already tested 'em out :p It was roughly $600 mounted, balanced, and out the door.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I know on my truck, and for the way I use it (03 Excursion, "Family Car"/Tow Vehicle/Winter get-to-work). I have the Firestone Transforce AT Tires. I have not had traction issues with these anywere I have taken the truck, I have had it in a bit of slop, not mudding by any means, but the local county fairgrounds parking area is in a low spot, and it always seems to rain the week before the fair making about half the parking area 4X4 accessable only. I have moved throught the slop loaded, and have pulled out an F-150 EC 4X4 with the factory highway slicks on it and have not spun a tire. They are quiet on the road and seem to be wearing well. My Dad actually likes them well enough he has told me if I get rid of the truck anytime soon, he want the tires off of it, and I can have his shot Goodweek Wranglers off his truck....

Here is the tires that I have.....

I had good luck with the Transforce tires. Like the Steeltex, they wear like iron. Excellent traction in the rain or snow.;Sweet

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
we use the transforce ATs and HTs at work on our buses with no issues. the rears get the ATs, we get roughly 30K out of them and the fronts get the HTs, we get **** for wear because the TIB front chews em up quick.

but rear traction is pretty good for a 2wd bus in snow and muck. if i needed a stock sized tire i think id run them.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
How do you like your treadwrights?

Personally, I like them. The Treadwright brand is proven reliable.

They are wearing faster than I would like (I drive like a 60 year old man and not a 16 year old FYI!). But for the price they are great. Have had them on two F350 with no issues thus far. Even though an old timer told me I would run the tread right off them in summer.....not yet! To each his own.....

Thad

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online