Thoughts on this idi

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I wouldn't, by the looks of it, it probably has been abused...big tires, lift, hood scoop etc... Probably some young kid with a lead foot. no wonder it has a new tranny LOL

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
One has to wonder which truck is for sale in the pictures. And then ask why are their two differant pics of the supposedly same truck. Do you get all the racks and extra lite bars. Whats the lower edge pait work about too. Its really not that bad a price for a good working 4x4.. But thats something only a test run will show. Who and what did the trans overhaul too.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local shop the guys 40 somthing has c6 and all trucks in so cal are lifted with big tires except mine lol an it has the racks ad they come with the stripe is a year old and I jus liked because it's na which means it could possibly have min blow by just a thought I've gotta check it out on wen. An all let you guys know what I see my biggie with it is 4x4 she really needs one as she's not the best and smartest driver she got mine a lil stuck not stuck bt could nt get up a gravel hill with the horse trailer full of horses so I need her to have it for her security and safety for the poor horses Anyways what do I look for with the 4x4? or anything else I know alot of things to look for when buying a car my dad owned a car lot for along time

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude I think it looks like a decent truck. IMO just cus its lifted doesn't mean anything. I have lifted trucks and I actually baby them. You would just have to paint that thing. ;)

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I suprisingly like it better with the shell on it. I think the rack and shell mesh well overall...

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
a 1990 should have the E4od tranny in it. The C6 is a good one but has no overdrive or locking torque converter, nevertheless a C6 would not be the factory trans. If you doing a lot of bush or low speed driving/towing horses...the C6 is a good choice though. But for more highway driving the mileage the E4od gets will be well worth it.

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Looks pretty solid - with that said, one thing I am curious about is the numbers on the right side of the windshield. Was he racing it? Was it a support truck? Did it see a lot of of high speed off road use?

Ask about cavitation and the trans. Remember mileage will suffer with the C 6 no overdrive and no lock up.

Still looks good though (lose the orange stripe).

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
a 1990 should have the E4od tranny in it. The C6 is a good one but has no overdrive or locking torque converter, nevertheless a C6 would not be the factory trans. If you doing a lot of bush or low speed driving/towing horses...the C6 is a good choice though. But for more highway driving the mileage the E4od gets will be well worth it.

The C6 Was an optional tranny up to 96, 1990 was when they first offered the E4od but you could still get a C6.

The truck is pretty sweet in any configuration, but it depends on what one you are getting. My Truck has big tires, hood scoop, and off road stuff, but it hasent been beat. You can tell a truck that has been ragged out and not built right compared to a real gearhead that knows what he is doing, and takes care of his truck. This apears to be the latter,

Keep us posted! again Nice Truck!

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Check the balljoints, and take a look at the tie rod ends and axle shaft u-joints. Sounds like he has addressed some of this, but some people should not work on vehicles... I am always wary of mods. Make sure the tcase shifter goes into all ranges smoothly, and make sure it will stay in 4H and not slip back into 2H.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Look closely at the pictures. With all of the lights variously installed, it tells me that he liked to take it out bushwhacking at night. Look at the right front fender on top. See the dark spots where the paint is missing? That means he has been under the hood - a lot. Doing what? The dent in the bed right in front of the pass. side rear tire? That only comes from running over something that didn't give. And the numbers say "I'm a racer!" or at least a support truck, which don't get as much attention as the race vehicles, but plenty of abuse.

It is a nice looking truck, but overpriced for what it probably is. Used up.

*************on further review***************

It has a trailer brake controller. That means that he dragged an overweight trailer full of sand toys out to Glamis and went blasting over dunes. So the dent is from a sand dune that he crested but didn't clear. The numbers may be for sand drags. Avoid unless you need a project. Or really want a Snog top.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online