the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well been workin on my old 85 ford f250.Im taking out the 6.9 and putting in the 7.3 with a banks sidewinder kit , and a c6 transmission so far got the motor out and the engine area clean of all wires and the inside of truck. Got the 7.3 torn appart and putting in new gaskets and injectors and new head bolts

Attachments

• my 85 tore down 3.jpg
    my 85 tore down 3.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 103
  • truck13.jpg
    truck13.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 65
  • my 85 tore down 4.jpg
    my 85 tore down 4.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 88
  • truck9.jpg
    truck9.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 60
  • my 85 tore down 2.jpg
    my 85 tore down 2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 113
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 57
  • truck6.jpg
    truck6.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 100
  • truck10.jpg
    truck10.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 111
  • truck12.jpg
    truck12.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 111
  • truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 55

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
ya i love mine to. im gonna start fixing mine up this winter. found me a bed for $150 today :)

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya well that good to hear.Im putting in the dash out of the 89 ford pickup and I got the dakota digital gauge cluster im putting

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the gauge panel im putting in my truck

Attachments

• my gauge panel.gif
    my gauge panel.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 366

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tack works off the fly wheel the sensor reads the teeth and the speedometer part comes with a sending unit

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad to see some support under the front of the motor on the stand. I fabricated better, wider legs for the bellhousing mounts. My motor sits nearly level on the 2 ton stand like yours. I wish I had towcats factory ford stand... Its huge and it has a gear box so the motor can be easily rotated... Ever try to rotate one of these motors thats not balanced on the stand. It will grab you and pull over with it. They don't stop till they reach a happy spot....:eek::D

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
That is a nice looking truck;Sweet. With all the talk about turbo's and head studs, have you considered using studs instead of TTY bolts?

Either way, ood work and keep us updated with as many pics and you can handle!!

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking truck;Sweet. With all the talk about turbo's and head studs, have you considered using studs instead of TTY bolts?

Either way, ood work and keep us updated with as many pics and you can handle!!

thanks i will definately keep ya informed and keep the picture coming. Ya i was considering studs but I was reading the posts on here about the studs and I think ill have better luck with bolts than studs. At least from what most of the people have said on here.If you have any good suggestion or info please do share.Thanks for your interest take and have a great one. ;Sweet

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to see some support under the front of the motor on the stand. I fabricated better, wider legs for the bellhousing mounts. My motor sits nearly level on the 2 ton stand like yours. I wish I had towcats factory ford stand... Its huge and it has a gear box so the motor can be easily rotated... Ever try to rotate one of these motors thats not balanced on the stand. It will grab you and pull over with it. They don't stop till they reach a happy spot....:eek::D

ya thanks,Its my a good friend of mine.He the one helping and doin a lot of the work he has a great shop and hes amazing and this kinda work. I bet the stand with the gear box is the cats meow. ;Sweet love to have that .Anyway thanks for your interest .And you have a great one

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Heck with trying to rotate the things, just use the cherry picker to turn it over ;Sweet A heck of a lot safer just bolt a chain on and pull it around, just be careful not to lift the thing off the ground. That way you aren't yanking on things so hard that all yer kids end up bein' born nekked LOL
I've got a real handy setup where the engine stand mounts directly to the legs of teh cherry picker so the whole operation works in tandem very nicely and I don't have to worry about it lifting.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to rotate mine but only as a short block. Once the heads were on, that was it, thing stayed upright until it was time to lift it into the truck.

Looks like a great cluster display BTW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.