the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
the gauge cluster it self was $625.00 tach adapter was $105 if you wanted the gear display to work you have to have a gear indicator kit that was like $175.00 .Aftermarket cruise control was like $250.00 I spent like 1200.00 bucks for everything

HOLY **** DUDE! THATS CRAZY!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You say you are going to hook up that C6 to a 7.3. I thought that they wouldn't.:dunno

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
ya its a lot of money , but i think its worth it ;Sweet

it will be to you because this is your "baby". i couldnt see spending that much on a truck like mine (work truck). id make do with the factory gauges and use that money for something else, but hey i guess if you got the money to do then why not? haha ;Sweet

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I didnt get much done today!:dunno but I should be close by the weekend to getting it all painted .I did get my lower gaskets in today so I can start putting them in sometime this week.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:bs This is for the information someone fed you about studs.... The ARP studs work so much better than the stock bolts will ever be able to...

+! on ARP studs. All the high boost Grand Nationals run studded blocks and ARP is all anybody uses. If you are going to crank up the boost, I'd definitely stud the block while you have it sitting there on a stand.

Just my .02 worth.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+! on ARP studs. All the high boost Grand Nationals run studded blocks and ARP is all anybody uses. If you are going to crank up the boost, I'd definitely stud the block while you have it sitting there on a stand.

Just my .02 worth.

thanks for input do you know where a good place is to buy the arp studs for the 7.3 idi any help would be greatly appreciated

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what you need after installing that engine. No more sore ribs or your belly button punched in from the hood latch. Very easy to make. Made mine and bolted it too the engine hoist for easy removal. It will go in from front or side, and is adjustable up to work on my PSD. Pic's dont show it, but it now has a beer (cup) holder off to the side, saves getting down those two steps. When your 82, every step counts. ;Sweet :D

You must be registered for see images attach