the truck overhaul of my 85 ford

1994IDI

Reaction score
I might have missed it, but I didn't see if you we're using a turbo. Studs in place of the bolts, usually provide better clamping to save your cylinder head gaskets. Most guys are able to run more boost by using head studs.

Good looking project, and plus one for using a different gauge cluster. Looks nice, keep us posted on pics and info.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might have missed it, but I didn't see if you we're using a turbo. Studs in place of the bolts, usually provide better clamping to save your cylinder head gaskets. Most guys are able to run more boost by using head studs.

Good looking project, and plus one for using a different gauge cluster. Looks nice, keep us posted on pics and info.

thanks its my baby! And ya Im puting in the banks sidewinder kit. I was consider the studs but everyone, ive talked to about studs were really disappointed with them and said the studs broke before they even started the engine so I figured Id try the bolts and I hope i wont be kicking my ass for using them. Ya i love the dakota digital gauges they are sweet ;Sweet. And I will keep the pictures coming thanks for the intrest .You have a great one.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that out of "KITT", is michael going to be mad when he finds out you stole it out of his car, and did you get the center console as well?

also i love the way it looks

Ya I think micheal will approve ! lol :rotflmao Im gonna make my own console for it . I gotta have a beer holder thats mandatory ;Sweet. thanks for your interest. you have a good one

swuchase1

Reaction score
nice cant wait to see more make sure you take alot of photos I wish i had taken more when i did mine. you will have fun with it and lose so hair also dont rush it

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice cant wait to see more make sure you take alot of photos I wish i had taken more when i did mine. you will have fun with it and lose so hair also dont rush it

Thanks so much . And ya I definately wanna take a bunch of pics to share with everybody! Ya I been lookin forward to do this for 2 years now . I must say thats a sweet truck you have ;Sweet. I really wana put the gear vender in mine.
Ive already lost all my hair and what little I got left is gray .:eek: any way Its a hobbie just when we get time but Im doing it right the first time at least thats what im hoping. Thanks for you for your interest and you have a great one

swuchase1

Reaction score
take a look at the console out of the 08 super duty they are big and nice I put one in chase1 and i love it MOD was ezzzzzz as well and it holds beer well (from what I hear)

swuchase1

Reaction score
while you have motor and trans out you might want to check firewall /down pipe clearance(sp) for the tubro

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while you have motor and trans out you might want to check firewall /down pipe clearance(sp) for the tubro

ya Ill look at the 08 console and ya were gona check out the firwall thanks before we intall the motor . thanks again for the info

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got my new electric fans yesterday and injectors and vally pan

Attachments

• !BygrWgQEWk~$(KGrHqEOKjUEw,F!dM6TBMSELNUFBw~~_12.JPG
    !BygrWgQEWk~$(KGrHqEOKjUEw,F!dM6TBMSELNUFBw~~_12.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 85

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the gauge cluster it self was $625.00 tach adapter was $105 if you wanted the gear display to work you have to have a gear indicator kit that was like $175.00 .Aftermarket cruise control was like $250.00 I spent like 1200.00 bucks for everything

Attachments

• my gauge panel.gif
    my gauge panel.gif
    40.1 KB · Views: 84

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:bs This is for the information someone fed you about studs.... The ARP studs work so much better than the stock bolts will ever be able to... I was the original member here than started all this studdung these motors.:D I was working with Ken at DPS. He sold me the first set. They were 270,000 psi studs made from H13 material. The new oem bolts were tested to failure by me at a known testing facility that does plenty of work for NASA here in C.. They broke at 153,000 psi...:eek: I ran Kens studs for 5200 miles when my motor lost a freeze plug and burned down... I installed those same studs in my second rebuild but. A few thousand miles later I broke two of them... Not happy either. So I bought a set from ARP. Six of them gaulded up while installing. I drove to the ARP factory because its only 80 miles from me. Talked to several engineers about these motors and studs. Even showed them my Kens studs that broke. They couldn't tell me why they let go without lots of expensive testing so... I passed on that. The ARP studs for the 6.9 and 7.3 idi motors is what works. There are way too many members here that can prove this. Please don't think the ARP studs are junk... They are not. Some of the information you posted about "sutds breaking before the motor even started is true but... They were not ARP studs. No need to tell you who made the studs that broke without the motor starting.....:D

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info I just want something thats gona hold up. Im not trying to put down somebodys product . Just wana get some info on the studs before I install and put 700.00 into studs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online