Temp gauge not working after coolant flush.

jj339629

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Long time reader but first time poster.

I was doing a coolant flush today and noticed that my temperature gauge stopped working immediately after the first flush.

All the heater lines and radiator lines are hot to the touch.

Any idea what’s going on?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Maybe the sender went bad for some reason. The stock gauges are known for their inaccuracy. This would be a good excuse to install an aftermarket gauge.
When I used to work on these for a living, after we first got a parts cleaner in our shop, I noticed that a lot of senders wouldn't work after running them through the parts washer. The one for the engine temp light was the worst. It would light up the light all the time. Next was the fast idle solenoid. Those just wouldn't work. I mentioned it to the shop foreman and his reply was "It's just soap and hot water. That shouldn't make any difference." After that, I stopped putting the senders in the parts washer and they usually worked again, just like before. Maybe it was some type of reaction to the chemicals in the "soap" used in our parts washer. Maybe the same thing happened here, and there was some type of reaction to your flush that the sender just didn't like. That's just my guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online