tank screen or sock

sassyrel

Reaction score
forum attendees--the "filter assm" the fits on the bottom of the fuel intake tube on the sending unit,,inside the tank,,is still available---part number E5TZ-9J306-BA..new at ford,,,23.00,, wholesale--just picked one up--dont want to use a piece of fuel hose,,thats just me--

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats good information. I have some hose on my front tank pickup and when I dropped my rear tank I found the shower head screen in many pieces. So I too had a new screen so I installed it. I had the tank up ready to bolt it back in place and thought... what the hell am I doing.... Even though the screen shower head was new just how long would it last....:dunno So I dropped the tank and installed a piece of hose. Now I know I will never have a suction issue there again. I never did like leaving a 1/4 tank of fuel because the pickup was broken off. I can't count how many times I ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank in the early days of ownership only to learn 12 gallons would fill my tank up...... sure got over that issue with some knowledge....:sly:D

sassyrel

Reaction score
Thats good information. I have some hose on my front tank pickup and when I dropped my rear tank I found the shower head screen in many pieces. So I too had a new screen so I installed it. I had the tank up ready to bolt it back in place and thought... what the hell am I doing.... Even though the screen shower head was new just how long would it last....:dunno So I dropped the tank and installed a piece of hose. Now I know I will never have a suction issue there again. I never did like leaving a 1/4 tank of fuel because the pickup was broken off. I can't count how many times I ran out of fuel at 1/4 tank in the early days of ownership only to learn 12 gallons would fill my tank up...... sure got over that issue with some knowledge....:sly:D

well--you got to fig--how long did it take to break up???? and some never did--sooooo, you would think,,they made the newer ones of better material--ford changed materials from time to time,,when problems arose--

Last edited:

sassyrel

Reaction score
they are known to fall off real quick sometimes a month latter

FALL OFF,,and breaking up--are two entirely different things,,correct??????? ANDDDDDd,if a small clamp is put at the top,it will NEVER fall off.....tho it might break up,,CORRECT????

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they fall off and break. there are know for doing both. i must likely will break

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Mine was in perfect visual shape, but I was still running out at 1/4 tank. After further investigation, it ended up being the diaphram thingy on the shower head piece. I replaced it with a rubber hose, and can use 99.*% of the tank. Much better!

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything is there just has a longer rubber hose than yours and no second tube that the float is hooked to that is part of the single tube on the left of yours

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Well, you've only got one tube, where's the return line fuel going?? Surely it's not just ******* in from the top of the tank :eek: