Subways DT360 into my 94 F350

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yep.. too heavy.... LOL....

Heck, some trucks have bumpers on them that are more than that weight difference...... or a plow.........
Yea that's what I figured. If it was even 400 more do you even notice if 2 of your friends are riding with you. Not that I just want to add weight but a couple hundred is hard to notice on trucks these big.

Well like i said I would be throttling back lol I finally hooked up my 2 fans. The thermostat is adjustable but does not have temp markings on it. It took about 20 to 25 mins of 15 mph driving in 90 deg heat to get it to about 195 on the gage. After that I pulled over and set the fans to trip at that temp. It pulled the temp back down fairly quickly. I still plan on putting a large pusher up front. I found out my buddy has a 16" he will sell me cheap. I can set that up on the second relay and ac clutch. I am still impressed I got away without them easily though, even towing.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
What thermostatic switch did you use that's adjustable? And careful with the relay box on its side. I've pulled some from the junk yard that were laying down and had water I them.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
Thanks I will keep an eye on it. In the mean time I have this to fit in! It will require some trimming but I like having the extra capacity. I really lucked out my friend just gave it to me even though I tried to offer him money since he had several spares!

subway

Reaction score
This is the fan switch a friend gave me.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/flx-31147

I did get the fan in. I had to cut out part of the headlight and grill support. I plan on bridging this back together with some metal rod. It should fit right into the opening in the back of the plastic grill.

The thermostat should be in tomorrow to wire it up.

subway

Reaction score
Yes the Volvo controller I got from you had 2 relays and 2 trigger wires. I ordered this for the second fan in the front.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T4ANIH4/ref=ya_st_dp_summary

I will also wire it to come on with ac.

The other 2 fans I have set to come on at 195 with the adjustable controller. I can play a bit and see how I like it.

subway

Reaction score
Well I messed up on the Volvo relay. Yes it has 2 trigger wires and yes it has 2 relays to run 2 fan wires BUT not at the same time lol

I did not realize this but it makes perfect sense now for a 2 stage fan. The first relay is for low single fan on low speed. Once the second relay is triggered for high it shuts off the first low speed relay.

So my 2 main fans would come on about 195 and when my engine hit 200 the 2 mains would shut off and it would just run my front pusher. Oops it was still enough with 85 deg heat to pull the 8% grade with the 5th and not back off this time.

subway

Reaction score
Well I used the truck to successfully with no issues pull my camper to the rally where I had a blast with a lot of old friends and new. Even had a chance to pull another members camper in who broke down and it was up and down 9 to 11 % grades with no issues.

Rt 30 in bedford pa has some beautiful and brutal hills.

Only issue I ran into was the rear lug nuts started coming loose on me again. ......luckily I checked them before I left. These were set very intentionally to 140 ft lbs with a torque wrench. It was just the one aluminum rim in the rear. The other side where I am running a steel one for now was still tight.

I am starting to think I might start looking for some decent steel wheels. Maybe a Wagon wheel style or something. I really don't like this lug loosening pattern. Not when I am hauling my family with the 5th wheel hundreds of miles from home.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I was a little confused how you were setting it up... Lol.

Yeah ditch the aluminum wheels, nothing but headaches.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

subway

Reaction score
I actually just ordered a ac line from the store about 30 min ago. I won't have it in time for the heatwave but I did fix the ac in cough chevy cavalier cough. Hey it was free

Heck tomorrow I will be out all day at the range with no shade in battle rattle.......I will probably end up drinking a gallon and a half of water just to stay alive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726