Reaction score
well they are at 3 and 9 oclock

they are black
cylindrical
have holes drilled in them and the wholes are threaded

how do you get them out

Black dawg

Reaction score
on the small end of some spark plugs, the part that the wire clicks onto, that piece will unscrew. The threads on the end will screw right into those pins.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spark plugs?

now I'm really baffled

I'm talking about the steering column, I'm trying to fit the actuator rod into the slide area but there's some kind of assembly of the piece. Its not self evident how it comes apart.

in the picture I specified there is a whole visible at 3 oclock, there is no black cylindrical object in that whole, that the magic thing that must have been removed to disasemble the object and allow for the actuator to be installed

how do you get it out

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I got that puller and got it back together, someone was right, I probably could have just yanked them out with the original bolt cause they come out so easy. Kinda scary easy if you think about it.

Got the column back together ( what a royal pain in the ass ) and the key switch working again. Now for that dipstick.

I gotta say if you don't hate Ford with a passion before you have to deal with there ignition switch actuator bar dumb ****, you will once your done.

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
great, there is a key and my wheel is wonky, least of my troubles tho and I'm sure if I pull it apart for maybe the tenth time I'll get it together with the wheel going the right way this time.

Speaking of which my shifter indicator on the dash is now off, says N when its actually in P and says 2nd when its actually in D

Oh and for the record you can get the bar gear that actuates the actuator rod bracket thing to slip into the key lock assembly all kinda of wrong. Works like a charm actually, getting it just right apparently is quite the trick. Someone said something about it only going one way. Nope, goes all kinds a ways but the right way. I think what they meant was there's only one right way.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Wow, talk about a Resurrection.;ReallyLOL Just a note, when you take the turn signal switch assembly out, you can take the connection apart that's at the bottom to avoid further disassembly of the column. Take some pics for a reference when putting it back together.;Sweet