sound deadener

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
what have you guys used for sound deadner inside the cab? the insulation under my floor mat got wet and nasty so i took it out and boy is it loud. i really need something that wont hold water. and can get wet.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I used some 1"industrial pipe insulation called Armacell. Great insulation and seriously cuts down on noise

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I used the Peel N Seal from Lowes or Home Depot (uses a different name). A bit messy to work with but it made quite a difference.

Last edited:

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Where the floor will get wet, I am putting down the bedliner. The places where it will not hold water get the generic sound deadner with the bedliner on top. I need a new insulater that goes behind the dash. I am also goin into the door panels and putting some new insulation behind them. This should pimp the sound...

SWS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I installed two layers of Fat Mat.... Same stuff as Darrin Tosh used... Its the same as Dynamat but much cheaper. My 200 square feet of it did everything in my crewcab teo layers thick. I didn't do the ceiling because it requires the front windshield to come out....:eek: Don't do the insides of the doors but apply it to the inside door steel just under the door panels.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
I guess I was not clear on mine either, I did/am not going inside of the doors, but between the door and door panel. You do not want that stuff coming loose and getting into the regulator, and it is just a pita to put it there. Not to mention, the sound can get around that from the holes in the door shell.

However, why does the windsheild have to be removed? You can put it on your celing with no probems.

SWS

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Because you can easily get too much in there and make the doors VERY heavy. You'll be replacing your door hinges every year if you get too much of that stuff in there.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The ceiling on the crewcabs is so large. It wont come out the doors without being damaged. Darrin told me this and he had 3 guys helping it out the doors. Its just a large piece of material and very hard to work with. When you see how hard it is to reach into the dors you will seel why I installed the Fat Mat on the side I did.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
The ceiling on the crewcabs is so large. It wont come out the doors without being damaged. Darrin told me this and he had 3 guys helping it out the doors. Its just a large piece of material and very hard to work with. When you see how hard it is to reach into the dors you will seel why I installed the Fat Mat on the side I did.

Yea I actually did get it out the rear door, it helps to have all of the seats removed, I think I could not get it out with the seats installed. It is a pita, and you have to be careful but it did come out,....and back in,...;Sweet

Here are a couple of pics on my Fatt Matt install, I used the scrap pieces on the inside of the doors. My only regret is that I did not double layer it like icanfixall did, even though I still have a roll and a half left over,...cookoo

Here is a shot of the doors:

You must be registered for see images

Back Wall:

Ceiling

Here is a link to the rest of the pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563699440VkIUvL

It is a great mod and I recommend it, Does make a big difference, especally with a Goat Motor,...:D

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
cool thanks guys ill look into those. i also found this stuff http://www.lobucrod.com/ called ez cool.

icanfixitall why not put it in the inside of the doors?

This stuff is a great thermal insulator. But forget using it to kill noise.
I used three layers in my dump truck and it worked wonders for engine heat, but did little for the noise. I used Dynamat Extreme in my 02 and it works quite well.

jcarr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I actually did get it out the rear door, it helps to have all of the seats removed, I think I could not get it out with the seats installed. It is a pita, and you have to be careful but it did come out,....and back in,...;Sweet

Here are a couple of pics on my Fatt Matt install, I used the scrap pieces on the inside of the doors. My only regret is that I did not double layer it like icanfixall did, even though I still have a roll and a half left over,...cookoo

It is a great mod and I recommend it, Does make a big difference, especally with a Goat Motor,...:D

so is this the double fat mat stuff i see in everyone's sig's.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
for what it's worth, i did my entire truck in this stuff rammat .
doors, floors, ceiling. took the headliner out through the passenger door, by my self, with out any damage to boot. the stuff is great, i used the liner and the overlay called ensolite.... you know that sound when you close newer truck doors, that "thunk" not that "clang, bing, shunk"...... yeah, closing my doors now sounds nice. :D