'89 F-350 odd sound from engine comes from what?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This summer I had serious problems with dieselalgea, after I serious cleaned everything until now I did not really drive the truck, and tonight I started the engine, which is low mileage, and was sound until now I guess???
I heard w reoccurring sound something like wishwishwish :) and the truck still hasn't the full power, and it smokes really blue now, something he did never do that before. I have two video's, please have a look and maybe you can tell me where you think it come's from?
Much appriciated.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of tough to say but from the two vids it sounds like thin metal/material rotational contact to me. Good luck with this

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I know, because with everything what is in sight I checked, there is nothing what I can see that touches something else.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it coming from the front or rear of the engine? Hard to tell from the videos.

Possibly low on power steering fluid? Doubt it could be that simple but sounds in video seldom sound the same.

I would start pulling belts off one at a time and see if any of the front accessories are causing it.

James

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it coming from the front or rear of the engine? Hard to tell from the videos.

Possibly low on power steering fluid? Doubt it could be that simple but sounds in video seldom sound the same.

I would start pulling belts off one at a time and see if any of the front accessories are causing it.

James
As a precaution; turn the engine off before attempting to remove drive belts.

Remember what Smokey the Diesel says "only you can prevent a trip to the emergency room......."

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a precaution; turn the engine off before attempting to remove drive belts.

Remember what Smokey the Diesel says "only you can prevent a trip to the emergency room......."
That's kinda funny because I almost put that in my comment.

James

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, it looks like not everybody has a logic mind?
to me it looks like it's coming from the front of the engine?