Side swiped by a dump truck today, what should i be sure to check when adjuster comes

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did the settlement come out with the insurance company?
I am still working with them on my Benz. They have done an initial offer to total and I countered. Will hear back today.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't want to hear this but honestly, that's better than I thought you'd come out. By all means, go for the throat though.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with laserjock, it looks much better than you first reported. Looks like the right rear suspension took most if not all of the force of the impact. I can't see any big frame kinks or twists.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant monetarily but I suspect it salvageable supposing it didn't bend the axle housing. No way to know unless you put it on a frame machine probably but it is wager the frame is tweaked too.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the thing that scare the crap out of me about my truck. Not sure what I'm going to do about insuring it yet.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the thing that scare the crap out of me about my truck. Not sure what I'm going to do about insuring it yet.

I think companies like "Hagerty" allow you to select the value of your vehicle. In the event of total loss you receive that amount with zero depreciation.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I plan on looking into those type plans. I just hate to pay new truck insurance on a 30 yo truck. I know... I know.... It's not really a 30 yo truck anymore. Car insurance is such a racket. Don't get me started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes