Red Racers new fuel system

Weweld

Reaction score
Well I got it all finished and NO leaks.
This was a real pain to do.
Spent 17 hours putting in the entire fuel system.
!6 gal. fuel cell with a AN8 outlet and AN6 return
1/2" fuel line from tank to filter and pump
2-3/8" lines from pump to heads
2-1/4" lines from heads to regulator
3/8" line from regulator to tank

Anyone thinking of doing this needs to think about either lifting the cab off or pulling the trans to get the up pipes off to get access to the rear plugs in the heads. I was able to get it done without doing this but it was a real pain and I needed to make a few custom wrenches to get it done.

The entire stock system was removed from the truck , including the top fuel filter , pump and all lines and fittings. Yes the top filter is removable with a sawsall.

Here are some pics

http://www.socaps.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/2797/cat/21013

GENE

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dualie,

You did see his sig line right?

Stroked Lightning World's Quickest Powerstroke 11.519 @ 119.26 mph

I'd say she runs OK. ;Sweet

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
haha yes I did. I just want to know if there was any real noticeable gain from all the PITA he went through to install the kit. Also ever since he did the whole shorty reg cab thing I have wanted one! I have been so close to dropping the hammer on a stock LB and rounding up a short bed to stick on it. Just havent had the stones yet.

Weweld

Reaction score
I jumped the gun doing the fuel system as I did not get to test it before I put in the big injectors. I do know that it is capable of fueling these injectors , the stock system would not in my opinion.

Bring your truck by when your ready and we can cut it and put it back together.

GENE

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speak of the Devil and he surfaces........... ;Sweet

Dualie

pyromaniac at large
Reaction score
What's the going rate for a slice and dice it would make a sporty somewhat practical commuter? We keep our show horses in Chino hills so IM down there a couple of weekends a month it wouldn't take much to drop something off for a small trim. HUMMMMM wheels rolling in head...

I might have to reconsider my personal ban on owning a 6.0L I wonder if mother ford would void my warranty for cutting a brand new truck down to a size they should have factory offered?