Fuel system

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the finicky fuel selector valve and failing shower heads I’ve got this in the planning stages
Couple questions
Is it ok to just run the feed line like the return line is? As pictured

38 gallon tank straps? Where to get them

Sump or no sump?

Keep in mind I am planning for an lines

I presume some one has done this or close but I can find anything via google or search bar so I apologize if this has already been gone over

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 52

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the finicky fuel selector valve and failing shower heads I’ve got this in the planning stages
Couple questions
Is it ok to just run the feed line like the return line is? As pictured

38 gallon tank straps? Where to get them

Sump or no sump?

Keep in mind I am planning for an lines

I presume some one has done this or close but I can find anything via google or search bar so I apologize if this has already been gone over
At least from my experience, filters exposed to open air along the frame vs under the hood, seem to gel up far easier in cold weather. I’m planning on moving my filter over to the drivers side fender, gonna use one 6.9 filter and a 7.3 filter. Gonna do an intercooler first, my EGTs are just a bit hotter than I’d like. Will probably finish my 6.0 PSD air filter system at the same time. Then I’ll go from 3/8” lines up to 1/2”, and the dual filters.

Your setup looks good to me, let us know how it works out

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least from my experience, filters exposed to open air along the frame vs under the hood, seem to gel up far easier in cold weather. I’m planning on moving my filter over to the drivers side fender, gonna use one 6.9 filter and a 7.3 filter. Gonna do an intercooler first, my EGTs are just a bit hotter than I’d like. Will probably finish my 6.0 PSD air filter system at the same time. Then I’ll go from 3/8” lines up to 1/2”, and the dual filters.

Your setup looks good to me, let us know how it works out
I deleted my coolant overflow reservoir, and installed a CDD one on the side of the radiator. So I have room over there.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to do a Holley black and regulator at some point in the not to distant future and I'm really considering the sump idea I'm my WMO tank.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate it, is there an concern whipping though fields and possibly damaging it?
If you still have the 19 gallon tank, and yours is 4 x 4 (I think) don`t you have the Skid Plate? and then the spare tire? So the Sump would be protected?

If you have the 38 gallon tank, then would set lower, but the Skid Plate should still protect it?

I have the 38 G tank, 2 x 4 and only Straps, and from how mine sets, looks like a Sump would be vulnerable to damage.

Goat

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd so no skid plate spare tire carrier did the auto delete and fell off on the highway,
How are the straps delt with on the 38 gallon?

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size should the return be? 7.3 is 1/4” on the engine but changes to 5/16

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also putting the filter/ pump set up right around where the fuel selector valve, is that too far from the tank or should I go for closer?

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What size should the return be? 7.3 is 1/4” on the engine but changes to 5/16
Afaik that’s how they are.

I put 3/8” on my return, when I redid it, from the engine back. Engine is 1/4” pushlok, I have R and D return rails

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afaik that’s how they are.

I put 3/8” on my return, when I redid it, from the engine back. Engine is 1/4” pushlok, I have R and D return
I’d like to do a smaller for identification but I could go for black return
I’d like to do stainless for the feed because my clutch line stainless and turbo feed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online