Fuel system

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Doesn`t show Diesel, just gassers.
Right, but this is the one that we want to use.
I think I have the top left one from your pic in the garage, I’d give it to you for $50 but you’d have to figure out how to get it
If you do, it won't work for our trucks. It has the small hole so our sending units won't fit into the hole.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, but this is the one that we want to use.

If you do, it won't work for our trucks. It has the small hole so our sending units won't fit into the hole.
I should have worded it differently.
In Spectra`s listing only shows them for gassers, but that is the tank we want for the Diesels.
the gassers and the Diesels both have the same frame width....IE F-250.
F-350 CC have a narrower frame width as I remember.

Happy New year!!

Goat

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there specific tank straps or just use all thread to extend the originals?

Attachments

• IMG_3136.png
    IMG_3136.png
    800.5 KB · Views: 6

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you at? Is shipping on the table?
PA - I just shipped an R&D stage 1 kit and exhaust to California and it was $305 in shipping. I don’t recommend shipping this but could get you a quote if you want. You’d still prob come out much cheaper than new.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cheers: Great! Now you just entered the 38 Club!!!
If you want, good time to do the Vent Mod for fast filling. Don`t use heater Hose (I did, what I had) Go to your local hyd Hose shop and get a fuel rated hose. I used 3/4", I would go with 5/8". Not a lot of space between bed/tank.

My bed was metal to metal with no rubber bushing. Cut some rubber pieces which should have been there, and helped raise the bed a bit.
Don`t be surprised if the long bolts and pipe spacers are too short.
Swap the Nuts for Ny-Loc nuts.
To lengthen the pick up tube, use a compression fitting with one of the copper tubes.

I may have mentioned this before, hey Iam getting old. Have fun with your project.

Goat

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cheers: Great! Now you just entered the 38 Club!!!
If you want, good time to do the Vent Mod for fast filling. Don`t use heater Hose (I did, what I had) Go to your local hyd Hose shop and get a fuel rated hose. I used 3/4", I would go with 5/8". Not a lot of space between bed/tank.

My bed was metal to metal with no rubber bushing. Cut some rubber pieces which should have been there, and helped raise the bed a bit.
Don`t be surprised if the long bolts and pipe spacers are too short.
Swap the Nuts for Ny-Loc nuts.
To lengthen the pick up tube, use a compression fitting with one of the copper tubes.

I may have mentioned this before, hey Iam getting old. Have fun with your project.

Goat
Vent as in the top of tank or the one in the filler neck?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Vent as in the top of tank or the one in the filler neck?
Also called harp ooning the tank. You run an external vent line from the tank to a fitting that you install in the filler neck so that the end of the nozzle will be below it during fill up. The external vent line will allow you to fill your tank MUCH faster.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also called harp ooning the tank. You run an external vent line from the tank to a fitting that you install in the filler neck so that the end of the nozzle will be below it during fill up. The external vent line will allow you to fill your tank MUCH faster.
Anyone have a picture

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I put a few in my thread titled "Bronco tank install" or something along those lines. It's been a couple of years and don't remember the exact title. I did the harp ooning at the time of the Bronco tank install. I'm not claiming that it's THE way, just the way that I did it.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the top side of the metal Filler Tube, install a Brass Barb fitting with one end threaded.
Drill hole in side of Filler, and ream it, File etc... just to where the threads will screw in. Rough up the metal around the hole, and JB Weld it.

Where the Roll Over valve in, install a new rubber grommet.
I used a fitting, one end 3/4" threaded and other I used 3/4" Barb. I do it next time I will go with 5/8" Barb for the hose you run up to the Filler neck. It fill fast, none of this waiting for it to burp etc....

Goat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online