Rear tank sending unit??

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I knew my tank was leaking since I bought he truck but didn't care because I had just been using the front tank. Now I've been trying to run WVO and wanted to use the rear tank and blended fuel and the front as straight diesel. So I was looking under it while I had it running on that tank and I seen the metal hose fitting that comes out of the sending unit is rusted clear through on the return line side. So I called advanced and they said it was unavailable to them… is this a ford part or do i have to go to like napa to get it or something? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunter33

Reaction score
i beleave that that part is no longer avalibale not even at the dealer ship. ive looked for a few months because my gas gage would bounce from full to empty all the time when on the front tank. i ended up geting one from the recking yard i think it costed me like 15 bucks or so but dont quoat me on it. i think your best bet is a recking yard it might take some calling around. allso check craigs list maybe some one in your area is parting out a truck that you could get the sending unit off of

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those sending units are vertually hard to find. New are damn expensive if you can find it. U-haul (u-techcenter) on ebay had a couple awhile ago ($250). Since it's only the return spout that's rusted, you might be able to just use JB weld to fix it. Clean it well and smear some on, then sand it down so the hose fits.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only several hundred styles of sender units. Google that part number, it might tell you what it's for.

ryanecvbrown

Credo Quia Absurdum
Reaction score
Other option, yank out the sender and have it cleaned and have a new tube TIG welded in place if you don't have the ability to TIG it yourself.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Tig. You can do pretty much anything with tig, not just aluminum. Can do stainless, steel, iron, cast metals, tool steel, etc.
Mig would be a little harder with how thin/small the pickup tubes are.
Could also braze it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as much as I love this truck I thinks gonna gonna be sold in a couple weeks I have a guy willing to give 5,000 for it and I think I'm gonna let it go to but anther idi or a obs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk