Realistic budget of a 2wd -4wd and goodies build

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only because it was free! , would not have gone this way if I had to pay out of pocket for this stuff. Good awesome though and easy to assemble

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yes the PSD white rogers every one uses. I knwo the starter relays are only like 30/40 amp i believe. And dont the GP pull almost 80 on startup, abviously tapers down logarithmicly, but that 1-2 seconds of high amp pull..

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what i wondering as well is the ground of the relay...i dont have anythign on the bottom pin. it is basicaly just fastened to a abre steel plate which is welded to the fender. Bad ground? Do I need to ground it seperately from the bottom terminal to the battery?

You must be registered for see images

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got 38 ohms across the terminals with the relay energised. In a ford service document for a psd it said if its over 8ohms replace it. Is 38 really that much?

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Should have near zero with it energized. Also, regarding the ground, that's only used for the trigger circuit, which uses quite low current. If it had a lousy ground it wouldn't energize the relay at all. So if the relay energizes you have good enough ground.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Heard this one is equally good. 56131K can get it at western/fisher plow dealers.
Seems roughly 200 amp inrush and tapers down to about 100.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

fsmyth

Full Access Member
Reaction score