Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

this is exactly what im thinking!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first photo with the tent behind it makes me think a canvas cover over the bed (ie old deuce and a half) would look pretty damn snazzy
Me too...thought thats wicked cool look.

Heck even having it so you can lift out poles and move em back a bit would suffice I'd think

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score

the stock 06 line fits the 91 steering pump-same thread oumo to booster. poor routing choice with stock bends. need to make a new return line. route fuel hoses,

heater core feed/return. Whic is the return line from heater core? The plug on the waterpump?

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg,

Head to Core

Core to Water Pump

Bypass Coolant filter somewhere in there if you so choose......

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. I got my bracket all ready for the coolant filter head.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you should have 2 water ports on your water pump i used the one thats on the passenger side.
i was told to do this by one of the OB higher escolon.

have no clue what the one in the center is for

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fiance bought me this awesome vice as early xmas present

tank is finally in, sending unit fits great, btu for some reaosn i cant ge tthe lock ring on?! all years have the same P/N, the ring came with the sending unit off an 04 ex, the tank is off an 04 ex..why you no fit?

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to fit the tank i had to take out the spare tire carrier cross members. Now i dont know if they di miuch to help the frame from bowing in, but I think with how the flatbed is goignt o be mounted to the frame, that will make up for the lack of a cross member, as the large 3x3 and 2x2 tube that goes on top of the frame will act as a brace in compression loads-if there even are any.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg,

On the Excursion tank pickup, does it have the "Cone of Failure" like the older trucks do? Just want to know what I am in for one of these days.......

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmm cone of failure...not sure, it has this circlular pickup thingy about 2" in diameter. Ill snap a pic tonight to show you. but even if that breaks off the steel tube isnt more than 3/4" up from the bottom of the tank. The pickup screen has little rubber hairs aorudn the perimiter that actually touch the floor but fuel still gets in around the hairs.\

Scott, how fast can you fill your tank? any issues with foaming? id love to use the big rig fillers but at 1.5" inlet im afraid it might be too small to get volume in there quickly.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Greg,

So it is not like the "Shower Head" on the IDI sender pickup..... that is good news....

99.9% of the time I use the same pump at the same station. This pump has the larger nozzle on it, I would say it is at least an inch and a half across, not the little nozzle like the gas pumps that are 3/4 or smaller. This think is at least twice that size. In my truck, the nozzle fits with about a quarter inch gap all around it. I pull the handle to full on and lock it. I bought a "splash" of fuel this morning to get to work. I put $30 in the tank, which at the current price it was just under 9 gallons. It took maybe 60 to 90 seconds to dispense the fuel. If I do fill it (which doesn't happen very ofter at $125+ a fill-up) I can fill the tank in less than 5 minutes, and there is very little "topping off" that is needed to make it completely full. However, my filler is behind the drivers side rear wheel, about a foot in front of the tail light, and is a straight shot into the tank.... it doesn't go "over the river and through the woods" like the truck fillers do. I can do the same thing on my VW.... it will fill just like the Excursion will.....

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good to know, thanks! mine is almost a straight shot. Will be using a flexible hose for filling, for now jsut borrowing my trucks old filler.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you. will be super tight! tonight im finishing fastening the flatbed to the frame. just need to cut the 3/16 8" long 3" wide "legs" and i got two 5/8 bolts thru each of them to the side of the frame, 3 per side. should be pretty strong.

then fuel and brake lines.

i just dont know where the front brake splitter is supposed to be, on this 05 the block seems to be on the passenger side..but there is a plug in it not a cut brake line...strange..

a littel concerned about the bed rail to bed clearance. with the baords on it and me standing on it to simulate half the weight of a full tank, im almost 7" of clearance between tire and bed rail. Just seems a bit small, if i have a load and hit a bump...
a lift in the rear might be in the very near future. It has B code/dually springs, 4" stock blocks. but my rear driveshaft has perfect angles! i just have to move the hanger bearing over to the driver side about 3/4" to bring the driveshaft exactly in line. but the front part of the shaft is 4" down, the axle is 4 degrees pitched up, so its perfectly in parallel like the Dana driveline bible states to do.

fresh cut white oak, the guy who cut it for me said the wood turning black is jsut it reacting with the moisture...dunno..jsut dont want it to rot.

my new lowrider

this is the front splitter..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ealiaga12

Members online