R&d idi performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I too don't completely understand why they were banned, but if I remember correctly the reason he re-registered under a different name was to warn about yet another scam by DPS. Right or wrong I applaud him for that, and even though he was almost immediately kicked off again his post was allowed to remain for a time to warn people. Heath said it right "water under the bridge". Just my two cents on the matter.

He and Racin had both created duplicate accounts whilst the drama was still happening to stir the pot. His creation of the account to warn us was almost a year after that and was completely separate.

I haven't noticed and drama from NMB2. But I have noticed hatred towards him. He didn't even have to start the drama as someone else did. He just stepped in to defend himself.

No, he pretty well brought it on IIRC.

This topic gets brought up every 6 months or so. People need to let it drop. The Justins are available on FTE and PSN. They're good guys. But rules are rules and so the bans will not change. I don't know how many times this has been stated.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI R&D had nothing to do with NMB2. ironically both users on FTE NMB2 and RacinNdrummin are named Justin. I dont feel a reason to post last names but have last names to both of them, i know NMB2 is now in Colorado and RacinNdrummin is still in Auburn. I just wanted to clarify that. Justin is GREAT to deal with and have ridden in his truck.
I had dealt some with NMB2 and didn't enjoy my experience.
So please make sure your talking about the correct person.
Thanks
Rob

if any has questions feel free to PM me on this.

They have a LOT to do with each other. They both worked together to get a high flow pump that was reliable. It's in R&D's build on FTE. NMB2 was constantly posting in his build thread and keeping close tabs on him to monitor his progress.

Little off topic but how many CCs is the biggest Moose? I want to get the biggest pump out there but there is little in high HP numbers and R&D's build seems to be the only one around with feedback. (high HP as in the 400-500 range, R&D's is approx 400crank, he was 350ish WHP IIRC). Not saying I want to spend 3ks on a pump but I'd do $1500 lie the &D since it has proven it's numbers.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
What happened, happened. They both seem like decent guys to me now that the storm has blown over. Did they kinda **** me off when it all went down, you bet. But like I tell my wife...I let things go. Can we just move on from the whole debate here?

If you want to get ahold of them (Justin's), PSN, FTE, etc, they are on it. Justin (who owns R&D) has his own website, and he is a credible source for parts.

There was a lot of drama, neither on both sides should be getting butt hurt over this anymore. I mean, how much does it irritate you when your better half brings up something that you totally forget about from years past? Seems about the same as what we are doing here.

*Spark notes*
Stop bickering. R&D performance is an option when it comes to performance (and non performance) parts for IDI's. Google it to get his website.

Mel and R&D are the only two credible performance IDI guys. I would buy from either one and not worry about it ;Sweet

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
350 WRHP = aprox 437.5 Crankshaft HP at 25% drive train loss and his clutch was slipping alot...

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
The Moose pump is 90cc. The Super Moose is 120cc, but I don't believe one has been produced/sold yet.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
Not to ask a dumb question but how did we get on NMB2 anyways? Yes R&D is owned by racing&drumin but all NMB2 has to do with the company is some of the R&D for the pumps the rest is 100% done by racin, that said what happaned in the past should stay in the past. And not that most of you probbly care but stuff like this is exatcly why OB has lost members to other forums and occasionaly looked down on.

Little off topic but how many CCs is the biggest Moose? I want to get the biggest pump out there but there is little in high HP numbers and R&D's build seems to be the only one around with feedback. (high HP as in the 400-500 range, R&D's is approx 400crank, he was 350ish WHP IIRC). Not saying I want to spend 3ks on a pump but I'd do $1500 lie the &D since it has proven it's numbers.

Moose is supposdly* 90ccs, also lists a super moose but as far as anyone knows one has never been made/tested. Racing was 350whp at 150cc with badly mismatched injectors and a very slipping clutch (honestly I dont know how its still driveable) NMB2 was at similar power levels but should be in the 400+ here shortly.

* - Nothing personal Mel but I belive in more proof then just the maker saying it does XX output, especially on performance parts (theres a reasson most crate motors come with dyno printouts and shocks with similar dyno sheets)

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to ask a dumb question but how did we get on NMB2 anyways? Yes R&D is owned by racing&drumin but all NMB2 has to do with the company is some of the R&D for the pumps the rest is 100% done by racin, that said what happaned in the past should stay in the past. And not that most of you probbly care but stuff like this is exatcly why OB has lost members to other forums and occasionaly looked down on.

Moose is supposdly* 90ccs, also lists a super moose but as far as anyone knows one has never been made/tested. Racing was 350whp at 150cc with badly mismatched injectors and a very slipping clutch (honestly I dont know how its still driveable) NMB2 was at similar power levels but should be in the 400+ here shortly.

* - Nothing personal Mel but I belive in more proof then just the maker saying it does XX output, especially on performance parts (theres a reasson most crate motors come with dyno printouts and shocks with similar dyno sheets)

I'd have to agree here. Everyone says they want a high power IDI but no one has bought a super moose yet which makes no sense other than the fact that none have ever been produced.

Don't really want to buy sometghing that hasn't been tested/proven even if the other products are top notch.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moose is supposdly* 90ccs,

Mel, owns a diesel injection shop man. He knows without doubt what the pumps put out as they are all calibrated and tested before they leave his hands. Not sure where you heard these pumps are not tested, calibrated, and confirmed prior to leaving the shop. He dosen't "just say it does XX output" It is known and has been know for literally years now.

Mel is a great guy and is a good friend. Implying he's less than honest about his IP's or that he is intentionally screwing people over.............. honestly, that ****** me off.

Heath

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If I recall correctly..... The "special pump in question" putting out 150cc of fuel was a big lie for DPS. That amount of fuel in the high hp idi was not to be and the person some continue to discuss here found that out when he researched who actually made said pump. Seems "he" kept breaking the drive pin off and ruining the mess. The actuall builder told him laughing that he told Ken that the pump could not and would not make 150cc without breaking. So SOMEONE got a pump that clearly was not as advertized. That really upset the buyer and it should have. He was expecting 150cc and got something much less. That was not getting him the hp that he had graphed out. So "he" came back here warning us about how poorly he was mistreated at DPS. He admitted he came back under a false name but it was to warn us off being tricked as he had been tricked. For that I take my hat off. Sticking your neck out to do the right thing is something to admire. That takes a stand up guy in my feelings. Is there a pump that can push 150cc of fuel.. And stay together.. I really don't know. Hopefully this helps clear up some misinformation. Cheers to those that push the limits for the better good.:sly

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RacinNdrummin and NMB2 both worked on the pump together and found a pin that dwarfs the Db2 cam pin in size. That is the cam pin that is being run in RD4 now and has been working well for over 25k miles on one pump and roughly 20k miles iirc. They fixed the issues inherent in those pumps...

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also like you said, both NMB2 and the other guy got screwed by Dps, so that is the main reason why they built a pump that will actually last.

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. R&D has numbers, moose has myths.

Myth's that are backed up by many years of use, in many different applications, with the most knowledgeable and experienced customer service goes as far as a ford/IH idi. I would rather deal with longevity, knowledge, and help than numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.