R&d idi performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

1964f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any know any thing about this company I hope there nothing like dps horror story's

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
100% top notch and IMHO cant be beat for parts quality and performance (user over on FTE runs the company, also owns one of the only 350+ whp IDIs out there)

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup... verry good for High power builds they have pushed the Edge of High power IDI performance way out there......to where No IDI has gone before and lived to prove it too...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
There is one idi out there that made just over 1000 hp and lived a long life. I understand its still alive too. Twin turbo. custom intake. Freeze plugs wouldn't stay in the block so rubber expansion type plugs worked out ok. Was a pulling truck but the "other pulling guys" cried and got it banned. It was too powerful and they felt it was not fair to pul it. So the owner drag raced it for years. Someone felt it was located in Ill but nothing to confirm that. I believe Hypermax built it. Someone here will post the article if they know where it is. Was this engine streetable... Nope. And then there was Ken at DPS who built a monster hp 6.9 idi. It was way up there on hp. Not really streetable either abd finally pushed the crank out the bottom of the block. The main bolts pulled the threads. Thats some hp right there. But the company your asking about has done what we all know to be streetable..

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it man! Justin is definitely a cool guy. Also his biggest pump might be able to push a but over 400hp and maybe even closer to 450hp with the right setup and running. You would definitely need the necessary mods to accompany that power level though. Justin does have that 180cc pump on his stock turbo IDI block though and it has been holding quite well up to the task. What other modifications do you have planned for the engine itself?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Justin is a stand up guy. if you want power from your engine then R&D is the place to go.

i got my head studs from him. the first check i wrote i didn't sign:rotflmao, so i sent out a second, signed, check and before he even got the check he sent out my studs. in the USPS box that the studs were in was my original check as well. he didn't need to send the studs out before he got payment but he did.

1964f250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound like a good old company like the way I run my shop treat people as you want to be treated. I had a 24 v cummins in this 64 ford but every Tom **** and Harry is doing cummins conversion ( that's what I specialize in) I just want to go with a 7.3 like 94 cc dd

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if only this forum could get a guy like this to sign up, a guy thats willing to push the IDI and make it last, and sell proven parts at a good price :dunno

lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if only this forum could get a guy like this to sign up, a guy thats willing to push the IDI and make it last, and sell proven parts at a good price :dunno

lol
try again.
he was a member here but couldn't play by the rules of polite conduct. when he was banned, he decided to re-register under a different name and attempt to tear down the place since the mod and admin staff won't bow down to his bullying. As I put it out then and I do so again, if you want to be a martyr, step forward and be counted. I will be more than happy to send you on your way too. you have been around long enough, you should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online