Project: '94 CC F350 Service Pickup

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had trouble with photos also. Sometimes they work great. Other times the blue boxes. I finally just upload all my photos to a hosting site then put links in my sig. I still try to put pictures in posts, but not as much as I'd like since it's flaky.

Looking Good!! ;Sweet;Sweet A painted engine always looks very tidy. I never paint my engines, but I should.

Wish I'd of done the fat max on my 93 also. I just dropped a used engine in it last night and while I was beating the firewall lip the bare firewall was really bugging me.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only bought the mid pipe and the tail pipe. I was able to get a good discount at the time. I chose MBRP because it's the only system that expands to 4"before the bottom of the down pipe where the exhaust bends back to run the length of the frame. I thought this would be the best flowing system I could build. This way the 3" down pipe will be practically a straight shot from the turbine outlet to the 3-4" expansion point. It's probably not that significant, but I liked that option the best. In my experience MBRP is a very nice fitting system. I can't remember that I've installed one on an OBS though

I would like to know more about the pipes you are using and where you got them. I have a Hypermax Turbo and need new pipes. Hypermax has them for sale, but if something else is available that is better or cheaper, I would be interested in knowing about them.

I have an 093 ATS turbo system so I would have a different down pipe. However if you have the 3" Hypermax down pipe that I'm thinking of, I don't see why you couldn't adapt it to any 4" system and get away cheaper than the Hypermax pipes. I went with MBRP because it's system comes closest to the turbo with 4" so that my 3" down pipe could be as short as possible (see post #18 on page 2). I'm going to have a straight pipe so I will simply connect the MBRP mid pipe and tail pipe with a straight piece of 4". So my exhaust will be 3" ATS down pipe to 4" MBRP mid pipe to custom straight pipe to MBRP tail pipe. Clear as mud right?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
test fit of Banks "Technicooler" intercooler

You must be registered for see images attach

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking intercooler from Banks. Why is it painted black. I have seen both aluminum and black intercoolers offered by hypermax and was wondering why.:dunno

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking intercooler from Banks. Why is it painted black. I have seen both aluminum and black intercoolers offered by hypermax and was wondering why.:dunno

That's the way it comes out if the box from Banks. That's all I can say about it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's finally back were it belongs. One big step closer to running again.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hydro Boost installed

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

intercoolers come in black (sorry i didn't look it up officially.just a couple reasons i know,and why i chose one) for two reasons;
1.to protect the aluminum.in many cases,the black you see (least with mine.and more than likely with banks too) is a powder coat.
this is important for those of us in the rest belt.especially with plow trucks and or just driven on heavily salt coated roads.
2.the black makes the cooler blend in behind the grill for clean appearance where you would rather not draw away from the truck.
there may very well be other reasons (in fact,now im curious and im gunna google to see what comes up too) but those are why i went with a black powder coated FMIC.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine's been together and running for a couple of weeks now. I'm still finishing up the rest of the loose ends. I got the missing fender put back on. Exhaust installed for mock up and sounds awesome. Ordered all the parts I need to plumb the intercooler from frozenboost.com. I've changed the turbo and intercooler plans temporarily. The stock turbo is going to get plumbed with 2.5" tubing and ATS intercooler intake hat for now. The reason: I need to get this project together and start making $ instead of spending $ as the funds are growing short. Hopefully sooner than later I will take some time, when I can afford it, and upgrade to a ATS AURORA 3000 turbo and re-plumb with 3" tubing. Also upgrade to a larger pump to support the A3K. I'm thinking a Super Moose from Conestoga Diesel which I believe is rated at 120cc, if I recall correctly. This, of coarse, has been the original plan since the beginning of this project, but like I stated above I need to get this together and on the road. More to come.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great. ;Sweet

How would you rate the Fat Mat in terms of ease of installation?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. ;Sweet

How would you rate the Fat Mat in terms of ease of installation?

I thought it worked well. I cut it into smaller pieces and fit it together on the firewall. You have to take your time and be patient. Once you stick it it's stuck.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you may hate this, but this is what I'm planning on doing for mirrors since the service body will be wider than the cab. I personally like the look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online