Project: '94 CC F350 Service Pickup

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding the right CDR grommet that goes in the valve cover. I thought I located it twice through Ford and had the part shipped twice, but it was wrong twice. I've tried the International dealer but no luck there. I've found the part numbers and tried to locate online including ebay. Anyone know the correct IH #? This is about to hold me up. I have one but it's no good. I made a bad mistake by letting my original one disappear in the engine overhaul process. I've searched the forums on the subject and this seems to be a common problem, but I can't seem to find the solution. Help me out guys.

Last edited:

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your talking about the grommet that goes under the CDR and into the Valve cover you can cut down an n/a CDR grommet. The part numbers are in the parts bin in the tech archives. I did this on mine. Works great. I was lucky enough to also buy the last ATS 093 grommet kit from my local diesel shop. He said they were getting a new source for the ats 093 grommets, but I've not been back to check.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Junk. I'll check that out. I may be back in contact with you about your 093 parts source of needed.

Got parts for my intake from frozen boost, and it looks like it will come together really well using a couple of 45 silicone boots and a junkyard 7.3 power stroke intake tube. I'm not at home now, so pictures later.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at some threads and pictures of the TYMAR intake (I'm referring to the actual TYMAR product not any DIY version) that's popular with the 7.3L Power Stroke crowd, and I eventually ended up calling the owner himself, Dale Isley and chatting with him. Long story short I ordered two Donaldson B085011 air filters and a filter mounting clamp from TYMAR and should see it on Tuesday. My number one priority when building this air filter system is filtration and performance second. This combined with a junk yard Power Stroke intake tube and some pieces I put together from frozen boost.com to both adapt from the compressor inlet of 2.75" OD to a 4" intake tube which is the outlet ID of the filter and to bent that intake up a little to clear the injection lines. So, I've got the mental picture, and I'm waiting for all the pieces to show. Every time I change something I create another problem and have to reengineer something else. It's a vicious cycle.

You must be registered for see images attach
Not finished, but you get the idea.

I got a NAPA (WIX) coolant filter(4019) head and a coolant filter(4070). I still need to get a couple of T's, some more hose, and some clamps to finish that.

I know it's not installed. So, why am I showing you pictures?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a package from TYMAR Performance today with my air filters and air filter mounting clamp. So, I couldn't wait to see how it all would fit together and had to do a quick mock up in the dark. The Power Stroke intake tube I was going to use isn't going to work, but that's ok. I think it will actually turn out better this way. Now, it's not going to go exactly like this. I still have some fabbing to do now that I have all the pieces I should need. Here's a first look at the mock up intake.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got a little time this evening to get back to this project. I got my filter mounting brackets done. One I made and one is a Donaldson part I got from TYMAR. I decided I wanted to mount/clamp the filter on both ends to ensure it stays in its proper location. I welded the mounting bolts to the brackets. I'll drill through the fender well and put nuts w/ fender washer on the bottom. I worked on the 4" tubing that will go from the filter to the silicone boots I trimmed up to reduce from 4" to 2.75", which is the OD if the compressor inlet. I've still got some cutting and welding to do on that piece, but it's going to fit together nicely. I really like the way this filter setup is going to work.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have to weld the pipe where it's duct taped and I need to tweak my mounting bracket a little, but this is pretty much how it's going to turn out.

99' 444

Reaction score
So your truck only has about 200,000 miles? Has the truck been run hard all its life? I'm just curious why a truck with that mileage would have cracked pistons and other damage/wear that would more likely be seen on a much higher mileage engine.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So your truck only has about 200,000 miles? Has the truck been run hard all its life? I'm just curious why a truck with that mileage would have cracked pistons and other damage/wear that would more likely be seen on a much higher mileage engine.

I thought the same thing when I discovered that. I'm not really sure why it was in the shape inside that it was in. The pickup itself was in really good condition when I got it with 192K. I know it had been well taken care of and I know who has owned it since new. I turned the pump up one flat. It would only smoke when lugging it; No smoke when the RPM's were up and under load. I may have unknowingly got things hot, but I would not have thought so. The erosion around the edge of the pistons was caused from the rings being shot is what I was told by the machine shop foreman. It still ran strong and used very little oil when I took it apart to do head gaskets, studs, and reseal the oil cooler. The biggest reason I tore into it in the first place was due to an oil in the cooling system condition I suspected was the oil cooler O-rings. Had I known at the time what a project I was diving into, I probably would have bought a different pickup to put my service body on to use for my company work pickup, and fixed this at my leisure. But, who knows how long it would have sat around then. That's ok though. I'm sunk into it too far to turn back now, and I know it will turn out to be more than I had originally expected.

I getting pretty close to running again. The intake design is finished. I need to install my coolant filter and plumb it, relocate my fuel filter and build new flexible lines in and out of it, and install my pillar and overhead gauges. As soon as I get those loose ends tied up I should be ready to run again.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a little time this evening to work on it. Made a simple bracket for my coolant filter to mount under the cab on the frame. I chose to mount it here because the engine bay is getting cluttered as things are, and I figured I would put it under the cab to get it out of the way. I would not have made a bracket if I didn't want the extra height for clearance. The bottom of the filter is a good 3" above the bottom of the frame. If I want to I can get a shorter filter to screw on the base that would make it a couple of inches higher yet, but I don't think it is going to be problem. I just put it up there to make sure everything would clear. That's all the further I got with it. I still have to paint my bracket and run the hoses.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made a fuel filter relocation bracket today. Didn't get a lot done, but it's a little closer. The intake, fuel filter, and intercooler pipe are a little more clustered than I thought they would be, but it's all going to fit nicely and be easily accessible. I used the 2 outer alternator mounting bolts to mount the filter bracket on.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good man. I like the coolant filter under the cab. That way when changed no mess in the engine bay. And easy to get at.

Isn't it amazing how much time all the little stuff takes.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the little stuff does eat up a lot of time. The fuel filter although kind of squeezed in there will actually be more accessible than the factory location. The coolant filter will be really easy to change.