Play in my water pump, *****? Video included

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The U-Haul pump I got is a rusty POS. EDIT: I originally said the ebay listing only showed the front of the pump, it actually did show pictures of both sides. The pump I got is completely different from the one that was on display, this is the listing.

Here's what I actually got:

You must be registered for see images attach

I am NOT putting that in my truck. The hunt for a water pump continues, and the shiny one is looking better every day.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's just surface rust from sitting.She'll clean right up when you run the engine.I'd run it.Of course,spray it with some brake clean and sand the mounting surface.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seller showed a picture of a good clean pump and that's what I thought I was buying. A little surface rust is no sweat and I was even expecting some (pictures are never perfect, and sure, it's been on a shelf, I know), but to be in THAT condition is completely unacceptable and NOT what was displayed.

I'm not going to run this pump because I don't want that crap in my cooling system, or possibly causing other issues with the pump further down the road (or my oil cooler especially, it's original and I do NOT want to make it angry). The name of the game is to do the job ONCE, that means starting with the best parts available to me, not trusting a rusty reman.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've just put Autozone pumps in mine. I've done... 4 trucks so far? IIRC.
No issues whatsoever with them.

Turns out that after this many years, the factory water pump is about done.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The U-Haul pump I got is a rusty POS. EDIT: I originally said the ebay listing only showed the front of the pump, it actually did show pictures of both sides. The pump I got is completely different from the one that was on display, this is the listing.

Here's what I actually got:

I am NOT putting that in my truck. The hunt for a water pump continues, and the shiny one is looking better every day.

The second pic on the original listing shows the other side as being clean and new. Have you asked the seller about it? He is going to expect feedback, the feedback you give will depend on how he takes care of this. If you paid by PayPal you have a case.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
We've had several member buy from u-haul. Get a hold of Frank, he is good about making things right.

I think @typ4 has his email address. He may have even posted it on the forum.......

Take a look at this thread:

http://www.oilburners.net/threads/pissed-and-need-some-advice.65571

Frank at U-Haul is good about making things right... just read through this...

I think this is his E-Mail:

[email protected]

Frank Settles
Program Manager - Parts Sales
U-Haul Fleet Sales & Support"

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Frank likes oilburners.... we have bought thousands of dollars of stuff from them, collectively.... there's even a handful of engines from U-Haul that forum members bought....

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 3 engines I can touch within 1 minute.lol.
My buddy Dan has one in his truck and it is doing great. FYI he put studs in it one at a time.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent the seller a message via ebay yesterday. Got a response back today from Frank, they're sending me out another pump and he told me to throw the rusty one away. I am now a very happy man, i'm glad there are still a few companies left who take care of their customers. :)
save the rusty one for me :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online