Parting out party invitation

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
You may or not be crazy, but I am sure than the general public thinks that ANYONE hanging out on a BBS discussing diesels in the middle of the night is CERTIFIABLE!:)

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Both of My trucks, 85/93(11-92 build date) have cargo lights.

No 3rd brake light.

There's someone down the board looking for a factory tach?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I never said exactly that it was a third brake light, just that it would go where it is on other trucks. Cargo light makes sense.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I think my 84 had it, I know my 88 had it, and all since then have had it, my 95 has the third brake light, I think 94 was the first for that.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys who wanted knobs and such shoot me a PM with your address. I'll have pics to post soon.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, all the pics are below.

The album....
You must be registered for see images

Many thanks to Gary, Phillip, Michael, John, and my boys Matthias and Graham for a good time. Thanks to Suzi too, for great meatball subs!

Things went pretty well. 13 year old Graham was sent under the truck with the cutting torch to dispatch some bolts that were interfering with the interior removal team (Graham and Phillip). Unfortunately, Graham had NO experience with overhead cutting at the time, and managed to redecorate my creeper, as well as his hair doo.

Interior removal is hot sweaty work.

Yes. There is hair missing. (Graham)
Yes. There really is. (Phillip)

Here is our impression of a Penn Dot road crew.

This truck was so rusted, there was no need to unbolt the core support.

Yes, your front clip could be just sitting there, on something that looks like this.

Let the good times roll....

It was about here that I ran out of Oxygen for my cutting torch, so we called it a day.

Only one mystery remained. The writting of some Ford plant wag.... 698 Last job #

What could it mean?

What secret messages are between your bed and cab?

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of shape are the door panels in Mel?
Mine are all sun-damaged (faded crystallized pitted plastic along the top surface)

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator support core bolts looked very similar to this, at least the passenger-side one. They're now both assisted by some nice pieces of angle iron, and some 1/2" and 3/8" grade 8 hardware ;)

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I looked at the whole album. Was that a "whoops" I saw at the end? Looks like the weight of the engine tipped the bed a little bit. Or was that exactly as planned?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Err... um... ahem... It was late last night and I didn't have time to finish the story. So we got a new oxygen bottle, and Matthias and I cleaved the truck.

We spun the back end around so we could load the engine in it.

The cap hampered our efforts, but we were being lazy and didn't want to take it off. We got the engine in the bed, never putting any weight on the tailgate. I used jack stands under the rear bumper to support the weight, with the plan being that it would stay that way until I got the tounge welded up. Well we were inside the house for about a half hour before hearing a loud crash. As it turned out, we never chocked the wheels! -cuss

A long list of illegal words would be appropriate here. All the #@$%(* S#*% slid right out of it, and totalled the tailgate.

Somehow, miraculously the wood blocks we had supporting it rearranged themselves, and it appears that the oil pan is undamaged. It's still sitting this way, with the full weight of the engine AND both transmissions! We will be hoisting it off as soon as possible.