Ford Parts Giant sucks

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used them for the first time and bought a CDR valve and gasket/tube.
They arrived with no tube. Just the round gasket. They clearly show the tube when you're buying.

So I call them and get the 15 minute hold on the phone (while I'm at work) and hang up out of frustration and needing to get back to work.
So I go online through email. They send me an email asking for pictures. But I can't reply to that email. I have to send the pictures to a different email address. Which I did.
3 days go by with nothing. Good thing I'm not someone trying to fix my customer's truck that they need to get back to work.
And you can't reply to or continue their emails. They are "no reply".
So I, reluctantly, do the frustrating phone system thing again. They have me on hold forever and then say there's nothing they can do except pass me to the RMA supervisor.
This is for a $3.00 part.
I say OK pass me to the RMA supervisor. I finally get them and they say that they sent me an email saying that I need to send a picture of the box with the shipping label. I asked when did they send that. He said, "Just now."
***?
So I hang up and read the new email and, again, you can't reply to their emails. You have to send the pics to a different email. You can't reply to any of their emails and keep 1 conversation going to get it resolved.
A day later I get their "final" email saying that the tube is not included.

I will never buy from them again and I hope none of you will either and I hope you will spread the word.
I don't understand how a company can afford to pay employees to go through all that BS, and make their customer go through all that BS, over a $3 part, only to loose a customer for life.

They deserve to loose many customers.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Honestly I've never heard of them until someone mentioned them recently here on the forums.
I hate buying stuff online for this very reason. Sorry this happened to you man.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how Ford is so touchy who is able to use the name "FORD" commercially to make money, and then they let a company like that use their name.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
There's at least a dozen of these clearing-house style websites for Ford, dodge, and gm parts. I've used a dodge one a few times, no issue (so far). I'm generally happy to get what i get at xx% below msrp because the next step is NLA.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes what a nightmare! I bought the CDR grommet and tube off of Amazon, but it definitely cost more than $3.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I even ended up at Ford Parts Giant was because I read a post or two here saying that they were OEM/Genuine Ford parts. And that's what I wanted.
Maybe they do sell OEM parts. But they have the worst customer service that I've ever experienced.
I guess we don't need to wonder why China is making such huge strides and will probably be the dominant world power in the near future.
Americans have had it too easy for too long and are taking their comfort for granted.

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I hate hearing about that kind of thing. BUT if you read the description in the link that you cave, it only mentions the gasket, not the tube. That price is WAY too cheap for both parts, especially if it's genuine Motorcraft. On the other hand, the picture does show both and it is misleading that way. They should not have that picture for only the gasket.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They mislead me as well. Ordered speedo gear for my truck, is for a 2WD, mine is 4WD, they are different. I didn’t even deal with it. It’ll just sit on a shelf unless I buy a truck with a 2WD T19 and has speedometer issues. Which is becoming a possibility lol.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate hearing about that kind of thing. BUT if you read the description in the link that you cave, it only mentions the gasket, not the tube. That price is WAY too cheap for both parts, especially if it's genuine Motorcraft. On the other hand, the picture does show both and it is misleading that way. They should not have that picture for only the gasket.
That is the point of my starting this thread.
A decent company, or human (which these people are not), might have had a normal conversation with me saying that the picture is an error on their end (and I would have agreed, based on the price) and sent me the part # for the tube that is not included, then I wouldn't be as pissed off.
But they made me jump through hoops with emails and pictures and then told me to go pound sand.
Over a $3 part.
I'm not expecting to get something for nothing. But they wouldn't acknowledge their mistake and make any effort to correct it.
They just, basically, told me to go pound sand.
I won't do business with them again and I hope that none of you will unless they're you're last resort.

Last edited:

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used them a few times with good results.
Bought 2 Throttle Cables last time.

I don`t know why some of these sites make it difficult to contact them.

I had same sort of situation when I bought my Oil Cooler. Rock auto and Parts geek both had a remanufactured Ford OC. Went with PG. picture showed OC, paper Gasket and O Rings.
Package arrives with just the OC. Contact them, "OH it was just a generic picture".
Had to source the parts elsewhere, which cost more.

Amazon usually jacks the prices way high....Like E-Bay.
When Iam looking for a part, I Google it, or use the part # if I have it. Then click "Images" then click on the pictures to see what they have.

Goat

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a solution.......been running into lots of things that are now obsolete lately on these old Fords.
LOL LOL So my solution is I has come to fact that I'm thinking bout getting a bicycle for me & a wheelbarrow for Carol (wife) LOL LOL
Make sure the wheel barrow has a solid tire or you're going to be right back in this situation needing parts that you can't find.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Make sure the wheel barrow has a solid tire or you're going to be right back in this situation needing parts that you can't find.
Wheelbarrow will have a solid steel wheel. Carol can push it faster! Bicycle same steel wheels!!!

Seriously tho, went to Ford 3 times recently checking for some minor parts fit 7.3 & they obsolete. Can't get them, but they gave me part #'s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online