Parting out party invitation

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a red 85 extended cab that is going to get a rebirth, and am looking for some help this coming Sunday 7/19. If anybody wants to show up at my place, we'll have something cooking on the grill, and plenty of opportunity to take out your frustrations with a sledge hammer, cutting torch, or what have you, as I gut this truck, make a trailer out of it, and preserve the drive train for near future use. Lots of small parts, wiring and windows will be available. If anybody needs anything let me know. Shoot a PM or post here if you think you can make it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Mel, if it has the dash knob for the windshield wipers, and it looks good, would you mind sending that over....I'm willing to pay :D. Using vice grips is getting annoying LOL.

How is the 3rd brake light, on top of the cab? If the chrome isnt peeling, or the plastic isnt all faded or broke, I would be interested in that as well.

Let me know ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alas, I wish my sawzall had a cord. I think Michael is refering to his previous experience here. LOL Yes, you can use a sawzall, and I'll make sure the battery is charged! :D Time - I figure if we start around 10:00am, it won't be too hot yet, and we can work up an appetite.

We will save a wiper knob for you. I'm pretty sure they never heard of a third brake light in 1985. If there is anything at all, it would be like an exterior dome light. The truck has a cap on it, so until we get the cab off, I won't have a good view of what is back there.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, my '90 with factory tow don't even have a 3rd brake light. Which is off, considering all the big Ford cars from the '80s have them.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My memory seems to recal 87' as being a pivital year for the third brake light. I don't really remember them on anything before that, although it may have been that there just weren't that many new cars on the road with them around here. I'm not sure what year they became law.

Diesile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel, I need the headlight switch and knob!

I'm about to send you a pump. Doing an engine swap in the next two weeks which will give me the pump.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Mel,
I have some chores that need to be done early, but I plan on coming up for a couple of hours maybe right around noon, if not a little earlier.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's great Michael. I appreciate the help. Maybe if there is any time leftover, we can work on the biodiesel setup.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
My memory seems to recal 87' as being a pivital year for the third brake light. I don't really remember them on anything before that, although it may have been that there just weren't that many new cars on the road with them around here. I'm not sure what year they became law.

Hi Mel,
1986 was the year for the 3rd brake light in cars. I'm not sure about trucks, though. My 93 does not have a 3rd brake light.

I might be able to make it down tomorrow. I don't have my truck with me, so I'll drive the convertible.

John