PAFixItMan broke down in SC

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
WOW!! I think i'll put my "hood blankey," when i get mine back together!!!
sorry i'm not up and running or i'd be on the road with parts!!!
good luck

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 6.9 did the samething years ago. threw the push rod halfway through the valve cover.

those bolts may not have been lose, so much as the rockers are shot.
i had to replace the all the rocker arm assemblies they were so worn out.

i hope it turns out well. breakdowns make me :puke: sick to my stomach.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jonathan, I'll email you Eric's cell #, I'm not sure if they will check in this late or not.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I know this may sound too far out there but what about taking parts off the "other" truck sitting in the driveway. Then when the parts get there just install them so everyone has a truck to drive. Thats if time is the BIG problem with waiting. If you were on vacation and sitting in my 100 ft driveway I would strip my truck just to get you back up and running. Guys... Its really great to see people on planet earth getting along and going the extra distance just to help someone in need. I'll bet the duramax crowd wouldn't do this. Well, I guess thats asking way too much..... :rotflmao :D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Hey, just checked the board since talking with you Joe. Looks like things are coming together down there. Nice to know everyone will jump in when needed. Not to wish any more bad luck, but if things don't keep rolling along smoothly in SC, my offer still stands without question. I have at least 2 loads going to charlotte this week & can get it home on the first trip down if need be. I took a back haul tonite but shorted the load to save room for your truck. If ya get it going, I can fill the load out for the homebound run without any trouble. Just let me know how it turns out. I'll have my cell on tommorrow but will be in Delaware for the arrival of my 1st niece ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joe and Eric, Valve cover and push rod went in the Fed Ex box for overnight delivery this AM. You should have it tomorrow. Good luck trying to locally source it today. If you can get it fixed today and save a day of vacation, that's what you should do. Consider an oil change if you have the time. Who knows if there are any metal bits floating around in the bottom of your pan now. :rolleyes:

cscmc1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys -- I don't have any parts to send, but I'd be glad to throw a couple dollars someone's way just to help with shipping costs, etc... If I can help in any way, let me know. I believe in karma; good deeds don't go unnoticed. It's heartwarming to see folks helping each other out like this; my hat's off to you guys!

Chris

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
package in the mail too via big Brown truck.Lets see who gets there first....they said 10AM tomorrow.......I spent the extra $2.08 to get the Early AM Next day.Youch,UPS sure is proud of their overnight service ain't they?!?!

Freight_Train

Reaction score
oh yea,I sent 5 Push rods just in case you find something else out of place.Oh,be afraid,be very afraid!These came directly out of the Enterprises old 7.3L!Hope I didn't send the Curse of the Beast with them.

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would also be curious to know if that is what your tick was. If it was let us know cuase then I know what a motor about to throw a pushrod sounds like.

Freight_Train

Reaction score
That tick was more than likely the rocker arm either getting hit by the push rod since there would be quite a bit of slack about this time or the rocker being slammed into the valve stem.The bolts must have worked out quite a bit for the pushrod to slip out from under the rocker since there is a pretty deep dimple the pushrod seats in and when torqued down the rocker actually presses the lifter down a little

Oh,on edit,it wouldn't take long after a rocker comes lose enough to get slack in the assembly for the bolt to come out.The rocker would be sitting on the valve and pushrod and be slammed upwards on the bolt in turn moving it farther out.....so you might want to really check the bolts very carefully.Wish I had thought about this and dug up some bolts from my "Junk box" at the race shop.