PAFixItMan broke down in SC

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
The BOOB members on this list have to be among the very, very best people I have been introduced to--if only via this message board. Good on all of you.

I hope I get to meet you at next year's rally. No one to run my shop but me, so I missed the doings up in Chatty. Best of luck on the repairs.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this Is BJ:

Sorry to hear of all the troubles you guys are having. IF there is any Thing I can do to help let me know. If there is any tools that you will need to put things back together let me know I will ship them out to you.

Keep us up todate on the progress!

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for all your thoughts and prayers and offers for help. Well tonight we got the turbo off and the IP and lines. Man ya'll did a great job putting that turbo on!! Thought it was never gonna come off! :backoff With a little nudging and grabbing and pulling and......she finally saw it our way! :backoff Thank God for the anti-seize ya'll put on the bolts!! ;Sweet We had to create a couple tools...the bench grinder saw alot of use this evening! We got everything we needed at Carolina International and hopefully tomorrow morning we'll be looking at the belly of the beast! Well off for some rest we got an early morning tomorrow. Thanks again everybody!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear the progress is happening guys! Don't forget more pictures. :Sly ;Sweet

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EZ- BJ is right there with you. Hopefully ( for Joe and Stephanie) the truck will be fixed by the weekend, but if it isn't I can see BJ leaving for SC Friday night if needed.

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jason- I'd love to go with him but I have to work Saturday. blah. Hopefully it will be a moot point cause the truck will be fixed by then :)

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wednesday Update

Spoke with Eric this morning. He and Joe have gotten into "the belly of the beast" as Eric said they would, and found both lifters on #5 to be shot. One was destroyed, with pieces found here and there, and the other was chewed up pretty bad. They are replacing both lifters and push rods, and will be reassembling and hope to have the IP on by lunchtime today. ;Sweet Both men are astounded that the truck ran this way for some time, proving once again the durability and endurance of the IDI. :hail

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I hate to ask but... How does the cam lobes look on that cylinder? Also are they going to replace "all" the lifters? Man... This is really getting deep into a vacation..... A few years ago we were on vacation coming home From Montana when about 100 miles north of Salt Lake I lost a cylinder on my chevy 454. I drove into Vegas to my sisters house and pulled both valve covers and found broken intake on 7 and broken exhaust springs on 8. I pulled "both" heads with only a 3/8 drive socket set, in the summer heat. Had the heads rebuilt and when I started it up the passenger side smoked badly from coolant out the dual exhaust. Further checking found when I pulled the exhaust manifold off that side some coolant spilled into the header pipe. I guess more than I thought because it really smoked up the hood. Anyway it has run fine till the wife overheated it and it pushed out a head gasket last year. So I ventured into it again... Just for fun ....That was 14 months ago. The key to all this is I've been there too. Just keep moving ahead and watch what your doing so you get home safely. You will always have another vacation but you may never get back a life thats lost. These are memories too for something to look back on in the retirement years.... ;Sweet

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam lobes look OK. He called me an hour ago for a torque spec, so with any luck it's actually running right now. I told him to test it out before putting the turbo back on, just in case.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like she may be getting fixed, As Tanya said earlier God forbid it last into the weekend, I will head up and help if needed. But I have all the confindence in the world that Joe & Eric have things under control.

Keep plugging guys, Eric CALL ME!!!!!!!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
BJ,Give me a call if your headed up there Friday.I'll go in early and be "East bound and down!" after work.