PAFixItMan broke down in SC

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Joe would appreciate me posting this or not, but the power of the Force lies within us, and he needs to draw on it for strength. The PAFixIt truck pushed a push rod out through the valve cover on #5 cylinder, and is currently at the Eric Boutin home being worked on. Not many details to give you at this point, but if you keep him in your prayers, it would be a good thing. As if loosing a trailer wheel were not enough.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update

Got a call from Joe. The rocker arm bolts were loose, and the intake valve push rod got out from underneath. The exhaust push rod was about to do the same. Joe needs two push rods. I got one I'm sending him FedEx overnight. Can anybody else do the same? If so, send it to
Eric Boutin
122 Parris Ridge Dr.
Boiling Springs, SC 29316

Hope Eric doesn't mind me posting his address this way, but I'll pull it once he has the rods.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I have 2 good used sets plus a brand new set in box.....Plus rocker arms,valve covers.Is there anyone down my way headed up his direction I could just BOOB Freight this?If not I can hit the Fedex/UPS tomorrow.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Joe, we sure hope you get back on the road real fast, is good that at least you have Eric there to help you out. First the wheel now the truck but you allways seem to have someone keeping an eye for You. Again I hope you can get it fixed quick and also enjoy your vacation with your family.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
I have 2 good used sets plus a brand new set in box.....Plus rocker arms,valve covers.Is there anyone down my way headed up his direction I could just BOOB Freight this?If not I can hit the Fedex/UPS tomorrow.

See, now that is Goog news. :thumbsup:

Guntherx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need help?

Agnem said:
I'm not sure if Joe would appreciate me posting this or not, but the power of the Force lies within us, and he needs to draw on it for strength. The PAFixIt truck pushed a push rod out through the valve cover on #5 cylinder, and is currently at the Eric Boutin home being worked on. Not many details to give you at this point, but if you keep him in your prayers, it would be a good thing. As if loosing a trailer wheel were not enough.

Sheesh. Sounds like my trip out west last year with the big load. what esle happened?

Apart from the parts, does he need any other help? does he need his trailer towed back?

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jonathan
Thanks for helping out I know Joe would really appreciate it. Fedex it to him, maybe by doing that his vacation can be salvaged.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics!

I am logged in as Eric, but this is PAFixitman. Mel is correct, we are down, but not out. Words cannot express how I feel, but I appreciate the thoughts and prayers. Lord knows I need them! The bad news is we are not in Myrtle Beach. The good news is we were taken in and welcomed by fellow BOOB members. The 5'r was moved by a 'stroke at Eric's house, but who cares!

Attachments

• boobhelp.JPG
    boobhelp.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 41
  • boobcrew.JPG
    boobcrew.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 45
  • looserocker.JPG
    looserocker.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 60
  • exhaustpushrod.JPG
    exhaustpushrod.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 53
  • insidecover.JPG
    insidecover.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 74

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Sounds like you have had nothing but bad luck since the onset of this adventure. That is unfortunate, but it looks as though the BOOB network has come to your rescue. Wish I were closer or help out. Good luck.

Tom

Exekiel69

Reaction score
That sucks but I'm still glad you have Eric helping you there, is so much better when you are with someone you know.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe sure am glad nothing broke looks like parts are coming together and will be shiped out tommarrow. That hole is ugly glad it did'nt shoot through the hood. If there is anything we can do let us know.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Just wish I could have been there to see the look on your face when you popped the hood!That had to be one of those looks of "WHAT THE HOLY ****!"

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, Steph keeps asking what we did wrong to deserve these issues. I feel bad that the kids are getting a screwed up vacation, but they are taking it better than me. Erics house beats hotels or the side of the road any day!

BJ-For once I was glad I still have my hood blankey, I think that insulated the damage!!