PAFixItMan broke down in SC

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Joe, but impressed with the BOOB Good Luck guys best wishes.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Freight_Train said:
so you might want to really check the bolts very carefully.Wish I had thought about this and dug up some bolts from my "Junk box" at the race shop.

Was this because the bolts where not torqued properly? Can you use thread locker on those bolts?

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't use thread locker.I personally would.As for improper torque?!Well,I would say just time did it.Those bolts are under a lot of stress.Plus you can't really torque them down much(Trust me,DO NOT GO OVER SPECS!They will break at 5Lbs over!I did it!) since they are small diameter.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Well then what prevents this from happening on our engines? what is the torque specs for ours?

Btw how is Joe and family doing?

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Man sorry to hear about that Joe wish I was close I would come over and help we should have had a clinic on your truck at the rally you know all the way home I kept thinking to myself why didn't we all inspect your truck even if that was not you tick I bet it was the miss you were feeling

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the same thing Aric. Joe even mentioned he had wanted to be in the timing clinic. Guess they must be busy wrenching. No update in over a day.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
yea I guess we were all a little busy Mel I know he said something about haveing everybody listen to his truck I heard it a lot but neevr got to really look it over ya know

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE!

Thanks to the Brotherhood, Joe and Eric now have the needed parts, and have put the truck back together to this point. Now from what they describe, they either have a collapsed lifter, or a damaged lifter. I told them to pull all the glow plugs and use the starter to see if they can pump the lifter up some. If it won't come up, then they are off on their next adventure, of pulling the intake and turkey pan to get at the lifters. :rolleyes:

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More of an update...

Sorry for not updating earlier, in addition to Joe's truck problems, we are also having laptop problems here at the household...
Anyway here is where we are, we buttoned everything back up except for the valve cover and like Mel said we tried to build the pressure back up in that lifter (exhaust for no. 5) but to no avail. So now we are going to print out Mel's article on head gaskets and take the top of the motor off and try to get to the lifter that way. :eek: Carolina International is working hard for us and said they will have all the parts we need by 4:30 this afternoon! ;Sweet Hats off to them; great bunch over there!
A huge thanks to Freight and Mel for the parts!! :hail :hail Oh yah by spending the extra 2 bucks Freight you beat Mel's package by 1 hour!! We had everything by 11:00 am. Many thanks again! Wish us luck...time to get dirty again!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I'm happy you got the parts and wish I was there to help you guys with whrenching. Best of luck for You two.

stiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at the risk of sounding redundent. i had this samething happen to me. have you removed the whole rocker arm assembly to inspect it, if it is worn you probably won't see it while it's in place. there i said it and promise not to mention it again...... in this thread.

keep up the fight. ;Sweet

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe just called and they have a good portion of the top end apart, but he was asking what the stealership charges for labor on the Lifter.
Can you believe 10.2 hours for the RH side? Total job with Parts is about $1300 with about $715 going to labor.
Joe, I guess you should split at least half that amount with Eric.

Now go get ur dun, boys

Squirreltow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe,
If you need the 5th wheel towed home, I can bring one of the trucks down and haul it back. Scott has already offered the hauling on your truck if you need to get back to PA.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Yeah, things got delayed this week so I'm walking out the door as soon as I submit this. Just wanted to check this thread to see where things stood. I've got some vehicles to gather up around Charlotte & 4-5 in Statesville after I deliver tommorrow so I give ya a call in the AM to see how things are going. If need be I can grab it on this trip home. ........Although it sounds like you gots it under control. ;Sweet If all else fails, I'll be here on the back burner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online