NW get together

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well I tried last year, but it didnt take off. Well today I got an interesting phone message from Justin.....punkmechanic......and he saw my posting on the BOOB website about the one last year. I called him back up, we talked about trucks, and a get together. I think we should definatly do a get together here in the near future. I would like to see a big attenedance for a day long get together full of stuff and BS'ing each other about trucks and what not. I honestly dont know what else we could do.....maybe I could call up woodburn dragstrip and see if we can get an all IDI race going or something (half hour drive). It would be cool to see a large attendence. A date hasnt been set, but it looks like the end of September would work the best for me :D. It would be cool to see some Washington and Californian IDI'ers....

I live 1 mile away from the Silver Falls State Park campground.....I would think that if we got some long distance travelers they could come for the weekend....and then join the activities for a Saturday or something. I have no idea about reservations if you wanted to stay there. I think there are also yurts there as well (little tiny cabins with bunk beds). Full RV hookups and what not.

Food would be provided, by yours truly :D....hamburgers, hotdogs, that sort of thing. If there are enough people that stay at the state park maybe a breakfast, and dinner as well.

A rough estimate of where I live would be if you were looking at a map, Silverton Oregon is around 15 miles east of Salem, Oregon. I live 15 miles east of Silverton, off of highway 214, as close as you can get before Silver Falls State Park.

The park itself has great hiking, biking, lots of equastrian trails, lots of good stuff like that.

Let me know if any of you are interested....I already have on RSVP ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cool man! I hope it takes off. It would be great to get a left coast group of guys together. Be sure to take lots of photos.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That's cool man! I hope it takes off. It would be great to get a left coast group of guys together. Be sure to take lots of photos.

Heath

Yeah, hopefully it will get off the ground this year and some people will be able to make it ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should post this in the IDI section to get more folks to see it. I know I just usually jump to the IDI section and never look in other forums. Also, you could put a link in your sig, and evey post you make will have a little reminder for folks.

Heath

oregon-mike

Reaction score
I'll keep an eye on the thread and hopefully be able to make it up that way this year. Kiddo's starting college the last week of September this year so that may be a little hectic, but I'm close enough I could drive up for an afternoon & drive back home.

Mike

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
hey are you talking about this year or next year this will happen ive got some family in northern cali that i need to see and next year i have 2 weeks vacaion that would be a worth wile vacation

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine it will happen both years. I'm in unless I go to the dunes.;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm talking about this year for right now....but if there is a good attendance I would for sure be willing to do one for the following one as well ;Sweet

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Count me in

Sounds like fun.
If I get the time and get my WVO conversion completed.
It's only 600 (or so) miles and the wife's sis lives up there.

So got a date set yet?

I'll check out the web page for Silverton.

LCjeff

onetonride

onetonride
Reaction score
hey im down for the get together.... im in albany oregon....i think tha it would be fun. keep me posted with dates!!!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in for a late September Silverton Rally

I have been really swamped since pretty much the last weekend in June, but I would love to come down and meet a couple of you in Silverton. Actually, it would be a good reason for me to put my camper on my truck and get on the road.

Looks like we might have to do some work on your IDI to get you there. Did you figure out if it was just a something between the hydralic master/slave cylinder or if you really fragged your T-19?

I'll keep my eyes open for a T5, I know somebody parting out an IDI but I don't know if it's a manual or auto yet.

R. J.

oregon101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm up for a get together!:D If you need any help in the planning LMK. I'm in NE Salem so I'm real close.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Alright, it looks like there could be a lot of people willing to come....that would be awsome ;Sweet. I'll keep you guys updated....maybe we could reserve a picnic area at the falls, that would be kinda cool (if the weather is good LOL...it is a rain forest)