IDI owner in NW Vermont

MarvelMysteryTour

Reaction score
OilBurners has been an invaluable resource for IDI owners as knowledge about them grows increasingly arcane with time.

Mine is a 1990 F-350 dually, ordered new by my grandfather in Autumn of 1989. He optioned it specifically for hauling his 40-foot 5th wheel trailer back and forth from New England to Florida each season. Stock power proved inadequate, so he had an ATS 085 turbo installed around 1991 which still resides under the hood. Initially, Gramps liked to run over 12 pounds of boost "for pulling hills". His mechanic advised against it, I'm told, but Gramps insisted the pressure be left turned up, and he inevitably found the limitations of the stock pistons twice, burning through 2 engines before installing the 3rd; a remanufactured 1993 specimen compatible with forced induction. Gramps relented this time, and the boost was dialed back to 5/6 pounds. That engine has around 6k miles on it at present. The truck itself, about 95k.

It's become something of a family heirloom; I'm the 3rd generation owner. It's been used gently and stored away during the off season, very well-kept, still sports the factory paint, and the interior is like new.

Attachments

• 90F350.jpg
    90F350.jpg
    539.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 90f350two.jpg
    90f350two.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: