NOOOOO!!!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HMM, I might be able to rig something up. It has a small amount of side to side shaft play. Fins look good.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang! Never seen anybody pull a head without doing the valley pan gasket. Do you think your going to get away with re-using that? Has anybody ever done it? I have my doubts that will work out for you.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang! Never seen anybody pull a head without doing the valley pan gasket. Do you think your going to get away with re-using that? Has anybody ever done it? I have my doubts that will work out for you.

I am replacing it. I just couldn't get it out with the heads on. I would have had to remove the injector pump.. But I think I can slide a new one in with one head off.. ;Sweet

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding.

:confused::dunno I couldn't get that little hump in the valley pan to slide under the pump. I just figured it would be easier to slide it in with a head off. :dunno

Please enlighten me if I am an idiot. I need to know these things so that I don't make more problems for myself. ;Sweet

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he was directin that at us, I think we only intended to put new Head Gaskets on, do a comp test, and try to fire, we had no plans on resealing the motor, and kind of operating under the assumption Homeless had/will purchase/d all necessary gaskets (e.g. head set) for the task at his hand.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he was directin that at us, I think we only intended to put new Head Gaskets on, do a comp test, and try to fire, we had no plans on resealing the motor, and kind of operating under the assumption Homeless had/will purchase/d all necessary gaskets (e.g. head set) for the task at his hand.

I do have all new gaskets. ;Sweet I'm going to have my heads checked, but I think they are fine. :dunno I don't think I can get the money together right away.. Probably take me a few weeks.. Unless we could work something out with the turbo kit.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk to Cetane, the non IH power plant strait 6 I am switching to has a rebuilt turbo on it...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can't come up with the money sooner, I will definitely have it the 1st of July. How soon were you able to come down? What exactly would I be getting with the $500 deal? You said new head gaskets, tested and fired.. So I'm assuming it would be the block, new head gaskets, and heads? Just wondering if I should take my head gaskets back before the receipt expires. My heads don't show any damage, so if you wanted to keep the heads... I don't mind either way.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
LOL Mel, I did the old pull the head/install the head without removing the VP trick on my brown truck. Worked great. lol I wish pulling my turbo didn't mean pulling the cab off or I'd most definitely just have pulled the VP and had it over with.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Just didn't want to mess with it. I wasn't sure if it would screw up the timing or anything..

take a punch and hammer a indention between the pump and housing, now take the inspection cover off the front of the motor (the little one with two bolts) you should see 3 bolts and a dowl pin, the bolts are 8mm or 5/16 12pt socket, take them out, then take the three 9/16th nuts holding the pump, push back twist fight it a little and it will come out, DONT REMOVE THE GEAR COVER! and you wont loose your timing, then putting the pump back on is a reverse procedeure, and line the puch marks back up and its timed to were you took off from

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.