NOOOOO!!!

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could also send you a money order. It shouldn't take more than a few days to get to ya.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could also send you a money order. It shouldn't take more than a few days to get to ya.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually might want the purrrrfect engine :D . I can come up with the extra cash.. Not sure yet which I want, but I would love to be able to just drop it in and not have to stress over this thing anymore. What are the details on it? How many miles are on it..injector pump and all?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He accepts Paypal, I personally think they can eat a ****.

Purrfect engine, Craigs posting came up, went and checked it out, grenaded c-6... etc.

Fired it.. idled pretty, huh I thought, pulled the oil cap, ***? Where is the Blow By?... revved it fawked with it for a minute, re pulled the cap, ***? x2? No Effing blow by...?

Wait this is an 83 model 6.9, right? Huh.

"Russell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

SO he comes by after work, fires it up, crawds the throttle once or twice, said "Hell that sounds allright".. pulled the 710 cap, looked, did a double take, gave me a look kinda like the look he would give me if he came over and caught me dicking my lab, .. put the oil cap back on, and said "why haven't you bought it yet?"

I paid the man, towed it home.

It has a new lift pump, no idea of the condition of the IP, but it seemed to run okay.

Ya want a compression test? no problem... betcha its 400 across all 8.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Comp. test would be great. Not that I don't believe ya, just might as well if you are willing. ;Sweet I'm interested in it... Need to think it over. I am definitely leaning towards the complete engine. Would you accept a money order to cover the gas? I'd rather not have to deal with Paypal.. and it should be there in time.

Purrfect engine, Craigs posting came up, went and checked it out, grenaded c-6... etc.

Fired it.. idled pretty, huh I thought, pulled the oil cap, ***? Where is the Blow By?... revved it fawked with it for a minute, re pulled the cap, ***? x2? No Effing blow by...?

SO he comes by after work, fires it up, crawds the throttle once or twice, said "Hell that sounds allright".. pulled the 710 cap, looked, did a double take, gave me a look kinda like the look he would give me if he came over and caught me dicking my lab, .. put the oil cap back on, and said "why haven't you bought it yet?"

It has a new lift pump, no idea of the condition of the IP, but it seemed to run okay.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score

The motor in my truck now is a 83 model, it was rebuilt around 15 years ago, was only run around 5 years then it set still was never turned over for 10 years, i put a starter on it and i shot some either in it and it fired right up, i couldnt beilieve it! and had absolutely no blow by none! and it purred like a kitten, and it still purrs like a little kitten, it is one of the best engines i have ever had, besides my old 89 7.3 it can set for 6 months and it will fire right up and never even smoke, my 7.3 has some blowby but nothing bad,

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you have a pic of the $500 block, and one of the complete engine? :D:D

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will shoot some tomorrow. If we go complete, as that is the motor I was going to run, any chance you can bump it up to $400 now, and the balance on delivery?

Gonna take $400 to put the New Holland in my lap, and that give's me a week to go through it.

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can do that. Does it have any major oil leaks or anything that would need to be taken care of prior to installing? Any idea how many miles it has on it?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can do that.
SWEET!

Does it have any major oil leaks or anything that would need to be taken care of prior to installing?
Normal seepage, really a pretty dry motor, no puddles. Will pressure wash complimentary (was gonna do it anyway)

Any idea how many miles it has on it?
None. Odo showed 40k+, could been 40k, 140k, 240k... Pick a number that makes you sticker peck out, and use that for your brag point

2 characters, there ya happy message board warning prompt?
:D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackdog,

I came across a complete F250 locally with a nice 7.3l. It would save me some $$$, and you a trip all the way down here. I hope this doesn't ruin any plans for you...

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and no, made a decision for me however, no sweat... congrats...

Thanks for the offer, I really do appreciate it. ;Sweet Hopefully it is not a bad decision, and it turns out to be a good engine. It had been sitting for awhile.. I got in it, cycled the glow plugs, and it fired right up. Very small puff of smoke, cleared out immediately, idled nice.. A/C even blows cold. I actually don't know if I will even pull it to put in mine.. It's really clean.

I was talking to a guy that does a lot of work on these IDI's, and he mentioned that when they would find small, hairline cracks in the pistons, they would grind just a hair off and the cracks would be gone. Toss it back together and all is well...:confused::confused::confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online