napacool

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I live out in the boonies and want to change the coolant in my 1993 f250. I know to use green low silicate coolant now will 2 bottles of napacool do me for sca's?

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read the back of the bottle. 2 may be too much. Some coolants alredy contain the addative. You can test for it with test strips.

6.9l ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use Fleetcharge coolant from TSC you don't need napacool!

texcl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Napa has fleet guard too. how long is it good for till i have to test. I was given nape strips and I dont see a sca level on the guide.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Napa has fleet guard too. how long is it good for till i have to test. I was given nape strips and I dont see a sca level on the guide.

Napacool will work but from what I understand the fleetguard/ford additive will give you additional protection. They're like the same price so really no reason to not use the ford version, it's known as VC-8 now, or at least a year or two ago it was. It's really best to just add a coolant filter to the system from international that has the additive imbued into the filter which allows it to time release and you get filtered coolant.

links to different products...
VC-8: http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-Di...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376237648&sr=8-1&keywords=VC-8

Test Strips: http://www.amazon.com/Fleetguard-Co...376237673&sr=8-2&keywords=coolant+test+strips

You cannot use the Fleetguard test strips with the Napacool, you have to use the Napa version as the chemicals are a different formulation.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local Napa said they haven't been able to get the test strips for a long time. I just dumped in the reccomended amount.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot I buy a bottle of test strips from napa every week. I think you need to find a less lazy counter clown.

Bashby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that told me that is one of the better counter people I've dealt with.He knew exactly what I was talking about, said he has ordered them several times and they never came in. I'll have to check at another NAPA. (Where I don't get a discount)

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
Napa sells Turbo Power HD diesel coolant, precharged. I haved used it for years, never an issue. Purple stuff