My truck. Oh yes

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So quick question. Everything with the kit is basically on the truck but the turbo itself, the intake, and the oil supply. Where are people supplying oil to there turbos from? Off of the oil filter housing? Does any companies sell a line, I don't think my kit has one, I should be able to make one if need be but I would rather have a pre fabbed one.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil supply usually comes from the galley plug on the drivers side rear of the engine block, above the oil filter mount. It's a square plug that you remove, clean the crud out of the hole, and then install the 90º fitting and oil supply line to the turbo. All the kits included a line originally, but it shouldn't be a big deal to get a hydraulic shop to fab something up.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I figured the line wouldnt be to big of a deal to get worked out. I saw a write up where a guy went off the front of the oil filter block, but the 90 off the rear of the block sounds like it would be cleaner. I will investigate whenever I get a chance to get up to my garage. The old girl has just been sitting, I need to get driving her again.

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I found where the oil supply comes from and I have the tube. I need to track down an adapter to get this thing coupled on the truck. Anyone have a solution for adding the factory turbo oil supply line to the old trucks?

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so update, turbo is done and on, I have driven her a few days. I rigged up a supply for the time being, but I have a typ4 supply that I have to put on. I had to fix the return o rings on the truck before I got driving, after sitting for 6 months in the garage they where leaking bad when I first got her going.

I have a fuel related surge I have to figure out, I am really hoping it isnt the injection pump, I have to start with the base fuel and move up from there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle