My Other IDI

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a Ford, but still IDI. I wounder if the Army would care if I bumped the fuel up a bit?

Brian (Bronco 09C)

Attachments

• B09C1.JPG
    B09C1.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 22
  • B09C2.JPG
    B09C2.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 5

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
the 6.2 is an IDI also huh? good deal...i guess you dont need the deep water fording kit out there LOL good luck man

BTW any chance you could bring that IDI to the rally and give me a test drive? haha

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian, are you headed back over, or are you there now? :eek:

Looks like changing a tire could be a daunting task, especially if your getting shelled. :hail

Mojave Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel

I'm not going back over there anytime soon. I'm what they call an OC (observer controller) at the National Training Center (NTC) outside of Barstow CA. I'm the human intelligence trainer for the NTC. Units rotate through here prior to deployment. It's our job to make sure they're prepared. We have a very realistic scenario out here with Arab/Iraqi role player, bad guys, towns and all the bad stuff (without the killing) that takes place over there. I'll spend two weeks in the desert per rotation. It's not that bad since I get to go home to mama every couple of days and we OCs get to barbeque almost every night. I'm on my way back out now.

more to follow, Bronco09C out...

P.S: it's a 6.5, not a 6.2.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
i knew the civilian hummers got the 6.5, (and now the alpha gets a duramax!) but i thought the millitary humvees stuck w/ the mechanical inj. 6.2's :confused:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the 6.5 was mechanically injected also? Basically I thought the 6.2/6.5 duo was like the 6.9/7.3 duo in their evolution. OK on all that Bronco zero niner!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
;Sweet
Got 2 weeks in Little Creek to play with the big toys. :love:
Leaving Sunday and gonna be in the CM shop over at alpha company wrenching on some trucks. Maybe even get my licenses renewed while there also.
Brian if I can get away with it, I just must bump one up a notch and go for a test run as they are in need of a little more gusto. :rolleyes: :D
Even gonna meet up with a brother IDI'er(soulpatchfr) who couldn't make the rally
Frank get em chillin. :D

soulpatchfr

goat herder
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Brian if I can get away with it, I just must bump one up a notch and go for a test run...
perhaps you will need a co-pilot for that test run? :D
Ron said:
Frank get em chillin. :D
;Sweet - i don't know who said (typed?) it first, but go read my post at BOOB! - great minds think alike, huh? but is it :hail or cookoo ?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
I thought the 6.5 was mechanically injected also? Basically I thought the 6.2/6.5 duo was like the 6.9/7.3 duo in their evolution.
I think they basiclaly were similar to our IDI's in evolution, except that I think that the 6.5l came later than the 7.3l, and it was in production a lot longer :shocked: (note that I didn't say that that's a good thing).

IIRC, the 6.5l was mechanically injected up to '93, and '94 and later had a modified injector pump that was controlled electronically. I've never seen one, but I would guess that it's similar in concept to the IP used in '98-'02 Dodges (the 1st gen 24 valve). The electronic IP's on the 6.5l's were REAL problematic from what I gather (no personal experience, thank the diesel gods).

I rode in a '98 6.5l GMC 3500HD once, and even before the turbo, my 6.9l could have run circles around it...