Reconsidering my RV setup

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
It took some starting fluid (manual glow plugs, so I didn't touch them) and the truck fired up finally this morning on a single battery with a bit of cranking.

Moved everything around. The truck will get a bath this afternoon, and I'll go get some for sale signs tomorrow morning.

The old swollen battery is trash, so I removed it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
The F250 sold in 3 days, 3200 without any batteries. I borrowed an RV one for loading it on the buyer's trailer. An old man in overalls wanting it for farm work, so that he doesn't tear up his brand new Chevy.

Now to continue emptying the RV, and soon pulling the solar panels off and moving them to the van.

Also have to buy some 1x2 boards and some plywood to build a bed platform but I'll do that this Friday, since my mom needs a ride to the eye doctor right by home depot.

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Are you planning to gut the interior, insulate, then put it back in?
Well, the rear ac/heat would have to be stripped out if i were to redo it interior wise, unless i keep the original plastic wall panels.

I do think I'll rip out the carpet eventually and put in vinyl flooring so it's a bit easier to keep clean and dry.

But it's not gonna get much done anytime soon probably. Well, maybe after I get to the LTVA. Trying not to spend on anything much. It's not too terribly bad inside as it is right now. I had a 32 degree morning one day in Colorado on the way with it, and it was only a bit chilly really. It would have been better if i had a stove to warm it up in the morning but yeah.

Maybe I'll have the RV in enough of a state to list for sale next week. Gonna work on the van bed and solar panel moving this weekend.

I did save an old small piece of countertop from the truck camper (from old trailer from 2018 actually) so i can also build a primitive kitchen area right away. It's getting low budget, hurry up building right now.

I think the bench seat will have to go, it's not in the best spot, measurements wise, and I don't really need that much extra seating. But we will see.

Green flat thing is the countertop.

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online

No members online now.