My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coincidentally it was a Ford with a Cummins that I learned the "fummins" thing from, but it was called so cause the dang thing hazes out the stacks even at idle. Someday I'll get around to fixing that, but not any day soon LOL

Is your new truck a 2wd btw? Kinda looks like it is, I see a leaf-sprung monobeam front axle but the beam is too low to line up with the wheel hubs and too narrow to contain axle shafts - so I'm thinking it's kinda like a downsized F-superduty axle?

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the stock 2wd front axle. I'm going to paint the bed orange and put it on my diesel. Then I have a step side box for the new one. And Ide like to go Cummins powered if I can afford it

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Detroit. Detroit. Detroit. Detroit. Detroit.Detroit.Detroit. Detroit. Detroit. Detroit. Detroit. Detroit.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. Where do you find these things. I haven't seen that many IH's like ever. Usually back home if you find one its an un recognizable pile of rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love your truck, Makes me miss my idi and want an IH both at the same time.. I gotta fix my truck!!