My friend's 1974 1310 Turbo IDI build!

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This May Be The Last Post On This Thread. I Guess I'll Be Over In Dodge Diesels If Anyone Cares To Follow.

Ur Looking At My New PowerPlant. 12V POWAH!

You must be registered for see images

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind, drop a link here when you start so those of us following can make a seamless transistion. Don't want to loose track of you!

;Sweet

:popcorn

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got pretty lucky. While searching for a trans for my Cummins I ended up finding another engine and trans package deal. The details are
97 school bus 12v
Worked p pump
Kdp fixed
Head worked
Engine rebuilt
Fire rings
Stock injectors
Hx35 turbo
Studded
New lift pump
Marine style pistons

G56 6 speed trans 28k miles
6 speed to 12v adapter
New starter
241 case.
Heaviest single disc south bend clutch you can get

I'm sure there are some details I forgot. Now I just have to get to Tennessee to pick it up.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG he's back! I was just wondering not too long ago where you run off to LOL

Regarding the engine and transmission, if you don't feel like driving all the way over to TN just lemme know where in TN they can be found and I'd gladly liberate you from the burden of picking them up, I got a run in that general direction coming up soon anyways... Only thing is after I collect 'em they'd be coming back left-coast side, but that's such a minor detail you can just forget I even mentioned it :D

Seriously tho, that sounds like a real sweet setup you came across, hope the price is right also.

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
I need to find an excuse to make the 6,000mi round trip to pick up that 6.9 and let it finish it's life in my 87' F-350...

Can't wait to see the results of the Cummins swap, going to be a monster. Those Sled-Pullin' boys won't know what hit them.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres the new setup I got. that's my friend levi the owner of Old Iron Offroad riding that hoss. he played the middle man for the deal bc im about 13 hours away from the engine and he lives like a block away. hes keeping it safe and sound till I can get out there. I got lucky some fool was getting married and needed quick money :D
97 12v
stock rebuild
marine pistons
worked p pump
18* timing
shaved fuel plate
4000rpm gov spring
hx35 turbo
stock injectors
fire ringed block
head was cleaned up inside
g56 6 speed out of 2006 28k mile wreck
brand new starter
new southbend clutch and flywheel
6 speed adapter

241 case which I cant use bc it drops on the wrong side. but I have a 205

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon, this is not a NP241 transfer case, instead it looks very much like a NP/NVG 271 (or 273, if it's electric motor shifted). Which ironically is rated at a whole lot more torque than the NP205. I wonder if Dodge transfer case swap as easy as Ford ones do... Still that's a nice combination, would be perfect to drop in a F-series.

BrandonBerkosky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brandon, this is not a NP241 transfer case, instead it looks very much like a NP/NVG 271 (or 273, if it's electric motor shifted). Which ironically is rated at a whole lot more torque than the NP205. I wonder if Dodge transfer case swap as easy as Ford ones do... Still that's a nice combination, would be perfect to drop in a F-series.

it is electronically shifted I was told it was a 241 and immediately after I saw that it drops on the wrong side for my differential I did not care to know anything else about itI'll just sell it probably