Motorkote oil additive?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I truly hate to start an oil thread, but I was given a gallon of this stuff by a friend who used to use this in his big rig. He has since retired and sold his truck, so gave me a few misc. items and tools. One of which is a gallon of Motorkote Hyper Lubricant. I am leery of additives. Always used to run dino oil whatever was cheap of appropriate viscosity and just changed often. Now I'm doing slightly longer intervals using Rotella T6 or Mobil1, whichever is cheaper when coming up on an oil change.

Not sure if there's any benefit to using this stuff. They charge a small fortune for it, about $80 for a gallon. From a quick google search it seems to be mostly a 20w ester. If that's the case it really shouldn't hurt anything. Anyone have experience with this product? Comments? Anyone done UOA before and after use? So what to do, dump it in the crankcase or in the tank?

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
If your running T6 or Mobil one I wouldn't bother using it. Both oils are good to begin with so no need to water them down with something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel

Members online