Monster IDI limo truck with 4 WHEEL STEERING!

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
That truck is pretty cool!

Depending on how good the work he did to it is, it would make a nice truck.

One thing that just doesn't make sense, why have rear steer WITH dually's?

Make it a SRW and take some of the load off of the steering.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
They didn't reinforce the frame properly, look at the alignment of the cab to the bed.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
OH!

Another thing I noticed!

Why are the front tires and the back tires pointing the same way?

When using rear steer you want your tires to be turning opposite of each other, that's how you get the tight turns........

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
You could turn both front and back in the same direction and get the crab walk effect. I'd say that rig needs 4 wheel steering.:rotflmao I would definitely drive it, way cool.:thumbsup: I was hoping the body sag was cab mount related, not frame related.:dunno

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's alright...woulda been nicer with a decently done axle conversion whats a set of gears worth really?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's alright...woulda been nicer with a decently done axle conversion whats a set of gears worth really?
I was wondering the same thing myself...why bother going through all that time, trouble, and money for a 6x6 where you can't use the front axle?

You could turn both front and back in the same direction and get the crab walk effect. I'd say that rig needs 4 wheel steering.:rotflmao
Wimp!!! :rotflmao I think that truck STILL has a shorter wheelbase than the 10-pax at work. Might be about the same as the 6-pax, though.

rear steer dually?? ***??? cookoo:confused: i wouldn't trust towing a radio flyer with that thing....
Was thinking the same thing...not sure how the hubs will handle two sets of wheels/tires, and how well the axle as a whole would hold the weight. I'd also like to see how the rear steering control works in the cab...is there a way to have it turn opposite the front wheels as well as locked and set so that it turns the same way as the front wheels?

Or maybe it's just for show? :dunno It's an interesting concept in any event...

tech51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My better half said I'm to negative on stuff like that So to make her happy I will say not one thing about it...cookoo

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Did you guys read the question about the different gear ratios?

Q: with 2 different gear ratios how does it drive down the road in four wheel drive? Is it for show only or can it be driven like a truck?
A: it can be driven, but we never put the front gears in to match the rear. but, if you get stuck ,you can use it to get out. thanks for asking.

87crewdually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid and waste of a tow vehicle. I can find alot better and more useful vehicles to buy than that backyard deathtrap. Plus in most states you cannot have rear steer on the road anyways.

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Seems a waste to make the rear dually-axle steer. I like the concept of an extra-cab crew-cab truck tho. Too bad, that truck SRW and a bit lower to the ground would be killer.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus in most states you cannot have rear steer on the road anyways.

wonder how GM got away with rear steer on thier pickups a few years ago?

any ways it is a cool truck.really wouldnt trust the rear axle but could always swap in a regular dually axle.