Midwestern IDI Rally

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
Sounds like a challenge to me.

The only way to cook it when everyone is sitting around doing nothing is over a fire. Soak it in the husk in water for a couple of hours then put it over the fire 7-10 minute a side (4 sides on a round cob, huh?) then pull back the husk and eat it.

That way, you can just mosey over when you feel like it, grab an ear and chow down. Oh, and the husk keeps it hot for a long time.

Cool, we'll grab a dozen or so.

Now, I just have to get my a/c working.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Barney... I'll be bringing my AC vacuum pump and gauge set for Ron to get his ac up and running so you're more than welcome to it as well. So looks like we will have an AC clinic planned for the weekend.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

I would call the event a success...

Here is the data...

35 people
5 IDI's
4 PSD's
1 Cummins
2 Gassers
15 billion mosquitos

All in all I think we had a pretty good crowd and a good old fashioned great time (at least I enjoyed myself)...

I want to thank everyone that attended.

A big thank you goes out to Ron for getting the shirts - that is job that is quite stressfull so hat's off to ya :hail

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
15 billion mosquitos

That was all????? LOL
I was thinking more that that.
Too bad the 3 layers of skeeter repellant kept em at bay when the oilburners weren't chokin em out. :Sly

Trav,
Thanks for puttin on a good weekend. It was definitly what I needed. ;Sweet

:hail

Last edited:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
WHHOOOO HOOOO Great weekend Trav! Ron "Bluie?" looks great. Job well done! We got home around 9 pm, 320 miles in 8 hours with two stops for food and one stop to work on Nicks PSD. A fuel pressure guage wasn't up to the task, and blew 50/50 mix all over the engine. We plugged it with the schrader valve from my air tank and got back on the road in 10 mins. No other problems, we stayed in front of the rain for the most part. We got into one spot with just enough rain to clean the bugs off of the windshield. Now I need to go find some more power to give Darrin a better run for his money. As far as running with Goat boy??? well.... lets just say I don't have THAT kind of money. Still impressive Trav. Save travels to Mel, Joe, Barney,Darrin,and Rob. It was fun boys, can't wait until next time.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
;Sweet ;Sweet

Great job Trav!!!! Thank You all for a wonderful weekend. The boys and I had and absolute blast. I hope to see all of you again. Safe travels to all. I just hope that no one invites the 15 billion mosquitos next time. LOL

We enjoyed meeting you all.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
just made it in.
no other problems other than the fuel gauge . now I goota scrub the motor
Travis Thanks for putting the weekend together.
it was nice to see everyone again
Nick

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
Does anyone have pics posted yet, I only had a few.
I have started, 38 of 121 loaded.
I should be able to finish em up tonight and will post over on the BOOB board.