Ok here is the offical skinny...

When: August 4-6, 2006

Where: Circle B Campground, Angola, Indiana
Circle B Campground

5251 West US 20, Angola, Indiana
260-665-5353

Campsite prices: $30 = Full Hookup
$27 = Water/electric

They are holding 12 sites currently (7 full hook up and 5 water/electric) The full hook up sites border the water from her description. There will be a campground sponsored hog roast that saturday afternoon just bring a covered dish to partake - figured this works pretty good for feeding the crowd.

This is a come as you are rally, it's a family event - with games for the kids.
Bring your old parts because someone might find your trash to be their treasure.

The lake is a no wake lake so it's perfect for fishing or swimming (on their private sandy beach). Even our four legged family members are welcome just remember to clean up after them and keep them on a leash.

When you call to make your reservations just mention that you're with the Midwestern IDI Oilburners group.

You need to call sometime in the next 2 weeks because that is all the longer she can hold the sites for us. So if your going to be attending you need to call - they place a charge on your credit card for one nights stay then bill the rest once your arrive. I have my site already it's C28.

I'll be bringing our 14ft alum fishing boat up so it's available if anyone wants to go out on the lake to catch supper. Fishing in this area of Indiana is actually pretty good - spinner baits work wonders in Northern Indiana ;Sweet

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Things on the planner for this rally...

1. Having fun with other diesel heads.

2. Cruise to NATMUS (National Automotive and Truck Museum of the United States)

***** OR *****

3. Cruise to WWII Victory Museum and Kruse Automotive and Carriage Museum (both housed under same roof). I think they still have the Bat Mobile on display and a Rat Fink prototype...

4. Enjoying the company of other diesel heads.

5. Sitting around a campfire enjoying the company...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok,
Here's the official T-shirt logo for the event.
For those interested in one, the main interest page is over at the BOOB site.

Attachments

• 2006 Midwest Rally logo.JPG
    2006 Midwest Rally logo.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 7

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Made our reservations site 31, pulling in Friday, pulling out Monday morning.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Just made my reservation looks like spot 49, we will be comingin on Friday,and leave on Sunday!>

How many to we have signed up?

Looking forward to it guys!

Darrin

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
So far we look like this that I know of...

Pruitt Clan
buddy of mine to help with event.
Jim Williams
Russell clan
Tosh clan
Butts Clan (but haven't heard from them as that they have made their reservations just know that he will be there with tee shirts if nothing else).... Tapping foot waiting...

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
count us in, will be pullin in on fri and leaving monday.
gotts follow Gruss just incase the IBM fails.

Darrin, you will finally get to see the improved crew cab

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
argve said:
Butts Clan (but haven't heard from them as that they have made their reservations just know that he will be there with tee shirts if nothing else).... Tapping foot waiting...
:angel:
Sorry dad. Got carried away and totally fergot to reserve a lot.
Been playing supervisor this week at work and are 2 employees short. -cuss
That has left me SOIC and have been busier that a one legged waitress workin at IHOP. :rolleyes:
Will get it tomorrow.

T-shirts yes! ;Sweet

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I guess I got put out huh????????

Unless all of my arrangements are to be used that I have made for the rally that I thought was to be here in Mongo that weekend. I think you can count us out!
Hoss

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
As far as I knew! Everything was set. Had a list of all who were coming here and I also posted the site for the camp and I also said. That we needed NO reservations. That the owner said call me in the week to two weeks before and let him know a final number and everything was SET! It was not going to be a BUSY event because everyone said that they would rather relax and do a few things and set by the fire and visit! I THOUGHT everything was set! I had been checking back and there were no questions or anythingup until 6/7. SO I missed a week! I guess I'm sorry if my life and my work doesn't revolve around here! I was trying to make a living and thought everything was SET!!!!!!!! So now all af the others things and money that I have spent for this on my own is wasted!!!!!!!!! So I am sure that you all can get along without myself and my family. And maybe I'll just be out of the OB all together! I DON'T know as of yet! But I am sure that I'll figure it out sometime! Hope you all have a good time! See YA!!!!!!
Hoss and crew!

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Hoss,

The reasons were basically no one knew if it was still going on - there had been no updates or contact for quite some time and frankly when some folks are going to be driving quite a distance to attend an event of this nature they like to feel secure in the fact that everything is going as planned. It makes it very uncomfrontable to plan on taking time off from work, dragging the entire family a good distance across the country with no updates for quite a span in time with someone that they only know from across the internet. Now that comment is not meant as a slam but sadly this a reality.

I'm sorry if you feel slighted or left out but you need to understand that when you are basically planning a portion of some folks vacations that you have never met before that you need to be diligent in keeping them updated as to what is going on.

Hoss6.9

V - "The BOSS"
Reaction score
I Know you said people contacted you and wondered what was going on. Well that's all well and good but, no one ever sent me any messages to ASK ME!!!!!!!!!!! I was on this computer atleast once a week and I was NEVER contacted. If anyone had any questions. All they had to do was ask and I would have answered them. So we went from DDC's message on 6/7 to me on 6/15-16 or whatever when I found his question. To this and me being totally left out! I understand the travel stuff but, I was NEVER asked!!!!!!!!!!! I DO feel more than just slighted! I do have an email address that's out there and I could also have been PM'ed! My phone number was even out there . Even though I got a nice message chewing my a** for putting that info out there so that people had access to it. I had not disappeared from the face of the earth nor had I died. I could have been contacted! So we've gone from one week of waiting for an answer to completely changing the rally with out any regard to what had been planned before. It's not just me that had work in this thing. My wife also had some time in it too. I thought we were set and I did not realized that every little step that I made had to be posted for a blow by blow acct. of my daily actions. I guess I just was not meant to be a apart of this close knit IDI family. Again, I hope you all have fun! But - Here my family and I are left in the dust from a week of waiting and I (we) feel more than hurt! I was proud to tell everyone here in this town that my diesel friends were coming to visit for a weekwnd and see our beautiful corner of back country! Oh Well! I am puzzled though why none of you PM'ed or posted or whatever to me before all of this transpired???????? I am still here! I have talked to alot of people about my diesel family here. Have fun and see ya! Hoss...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hoss, Since we've never met, I'm at a disadvantage in trying to disauge you of your anger, but I can assure you because I DO know all the other people involved, that no one was out to hurt your feelings, or make you feel that your efforts were wasted. I'd encourage you to take a deep breath and calm down a little and think about the following. Most of the time, these rallies are hosted by people who have established themselves by attending other rallies to see how it was done. By going to a rally, and getting along with everyone, and letting everyone else see what kind of person you are, you become known as someone who is trust worthy. Worthy of the trust that someone who is going to fork out several hundred dollars and some vacation time can place in an individual. I've been watching the development of the Midwest rally with interest because I knew that it was going to cost some attendance in the annual IDI Weekend, so I know that your absence was noticed and yes, if you want to run a rally, then you HAVE to check in everyday, especially if your the host. Your life DOES revolve around the rally. Until it is over, there isn't a day that can go by that your not thinking about it. That's what it takes to run one. Now Travis was not trying to cut you out or circumvent what you were trying to accomplish. I know it was originally your idea, and that it wasn't even going to be an IDI centric event at one point. The important thing is that it DID gell, and that it will happen. You should take pride in the fact that your idea took off, and now you can easily jump in and be happy with what has been arranged, and offer to assist Travis in any way you can. Tanya and BJ are hosting this years IDI Weekend, and they did not try to do it alone. I have been helping Tanya with advice all the way. Traditionally there is more than one person trying to make it happen, just in case somebody "disappears" which can happen on the internet. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to meeting you, and having you in "the family" as you called it, but you have to realize that reacting badly to an otherwise good thing is how people are going to remember you. A lot of folks will be thinking "if that is the kind of guy he is, I'm glad he is not hosting it" I hope you don't cut yourself off from the group simply because you feel that your idea was stolen or whatever. It was never stolen, it was simply built upon. I hope that you give this some serious thought before you reply, so you can see the truth in these words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online