Midwestern IDI Rally

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Going to pick up the wood for the event tomorrow afternoon - gonna get a truck load of wood for everyone to use from. It's from a local amish sawmill - all red and white oak - some in chunks some in slices with bark still attached. It's pretty much the scrap they generate. Best thing is it's only 20 bucks for as much as you can haul away at one setting. So the ole goat truck will be squatting when I pull away. This stuff burns hot and slow so it makes for a good cooking fire.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Wish I could be there and if something changes (which I hope it will), I will be there!
Scott

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
I was hoping that I could bring some Ash down,,oh well,....
:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Ya know better than that ya hound! :idiot: -Flame Thr

argve said:
Going to pick up the wood for the event tomorrow afternoon - gonna get a truck load of wood for everyone to use from. It's from a local amish sawmill - all red and white oak - some in chunks some in slices with bark still attached. It's pretty much the scrap they generate. Best thing is it's only 20 bucks for as much as you can haul away at one setting. So the ole goat truck will be squatting when I pull away. This stuff burns hot and slow so it makes for a good goat roasting fire.

There I fixed it fer ya Travis.

:D

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
I was hoping that I could bring some Ash down,,oh well,....
Well... come Sunday you can take some ashes home with you :D OK I know that was bad. but I couldn't help myself. :backoff

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Well... come Sunday you can take some ashes home with you OK I know that was bad. but I couldn't help myself.

Yup, That was a Streeeeaaaach,... good effort though,..

Wish I could be there and if something changes (which I hope it will), I will be there!
Scott

Sorry to hear that you can't make it Scott, your gonna miss a great group of guys, present company excluded, I'm just a used car salesman,... :Sly

Keep us posted! ;Sweet

Darrin

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Day one of my last residency is in the books. Tomorrow the real crap hits the fan and we get serious. At any rate, my team is doing well, I led us to a second place finish in our simulated production company operation. We led the whole thing until we found out the winning team had to do a big presentation, then my team decided second was good. We were less than $1.00 of shareholder value out of first! :)

Seems funny that here I sit with a ton of stuff to do but cannot NOT check in at OB. Hopefully, I can wrap up this weekend and get things done quicker than planned and make a trip northwest, we shall see.

Scott

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
corn roast Friday?

I put a post at the boob site, but was wonering if anyone wants to throw together an impromtu corn roast on Friday evening.

If 3 or 4 folks grab a dozen ears a piece, we could have a minor feast.

That is, if there's nothing planned for Friday yet.

Oh, and imagine how beautiful the toilets will be decorated on Saturday morning.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
We'll pick up a dozen along the way, if someone else will show me how to cook it. I make my corn on the cob in microwave.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
GRuss said:
I make my corn on the cob in microwave.
:eek: City folk. LOL
I'm game for a corn roast too. ;Sweet
I think Trav is gonna bring his turkey cooker so we can cook a bunch to a time. :thumbsup:

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Yep I'll have a 30lb cylinder and trust me we can cook 'em... Makes for doing up a mess of corn quite easy for a larger group. I'll grab some down here off a local farmer not far from the house - theirs is pretty sweet.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Oh and microwave :backoff :shoot: :fight:

Yeah as Dog lover said "city foulk" :rolleyes:

We-uns gonna learn on the finer art of cook'n corn... I can even learn ya how to do on an open fire if'n ya like...

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Well the last time someone tried to cook corn on the cob for me over an open fire. They ended up looking more like Baby Ruth candy bars. :rotflmao Microwave corn is really tasty and quick. Remove the husks, wrap in waxed paper set mirco for 4 mins. and Ding the most flavorful corn out there. There's a reason I drag the 5er with me. I gotta have my microwave. ;Sweet

I'll even do a cook off, if someone wants to try micro corn. I'll make a 1/2 dozen and let you non beleavers give it a try. :draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online