Know anyone at Holley?

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Chris, The pressure will drop some with WFO, but 5 psi is plenty.;Sweet Where was the pump mounted? In the usual spot on the driver's framerail in front of the tank valve? Not mounted horizontal or anyting?

Heath

my only concern is i won't have enough flow when i step up to the "megga moose" :D.(just don't tell mel, i still have to talk him into building me one) oh, and the pump is mounted on the framerail.

I know lots of guys that run holley non "marine" pumps with kerosene and metyl alcohol. Sounds to me they are just using that excuse to keep the lawyers off their ass.

there "black" label pumps are rated for those. what color are they running?

what about the mr gasket micro diesel pump? is that thing as cheaply made as it looks?

don't know anything about them. i went with holley for the volume they put out. being that i'm fighting fuel delivery issues, i'm trying to eliminate possibilitys.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually the only difference between a marine rated pump and a standard one, is that it is hermetically sealed to prevent ignition of gas vapors in an engine room. I'd be willing to bet it is the same dang pump with a different label. ;Really

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Usually the only difference between a marine rated pump and a standard one, is that it is hermetically sealed to prevent ignition of gas vapors in an engine room. I'd be willing to bet it is the same dang pump with a different label. ;Really

And it's a hell of a lot harder to get a tow out in the middle of a lake/ocean! :) I know our starters and such for marine were sealed as Mel said, and triple the price!

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah slap "marine" on anything and it seems to double the price...sheesh.

what about the mr gasket micro diesel pump? is that thing as cheaply made as it looks?

Probably.

Reading this I'm kinda glad I picked up the Carter that I got. Rotary vane pump, and yes it's MADE IN THE USA!

And someday I will actually install it!

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
Yeah slap "marine" on anything and it seems to double the price...sheesh.

Probably.

Reading this I'm kinda glad I picked up the Carter that I got. Rotary vane pump, and yes it's MADE IN THE USA!

And someday I will actually install it!

seriously, i have a carter that im gonna slap in my truck as well when i finally push myself to get off my butt and do it

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score

thats what i thought as well. so i bought the black label rated for alcohol and methanol. i'm hoping it will work.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is indeed the same pump, you could just swap the spring out of a Holley Red, for the one in the Black, and you would be back to your normal Holley Red presure, and you could ditch the external regulator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online