just did return lines same two still leak?

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you measure the old lines, and then measure the new cuts out on the new lines to match, you're kinda just increasing your margin of error, right? I didnt even use a ruler. I just placed the old line sections next to the new line and cut them to match. That, and some other helpful tips from these dudes, and my caps are golden. Now its just my leaky filter head! :/

fordsrawesome

Reaction score
hey guys sooooo went out today and checked them same one is still leaking but its for sure coming from the cap but its brand new and its from russ so i know its good quality. any ideas? I took the hard line off and reset the cap and put a new return line just incase it was tugging on the cap and still same problem. but just this one. also is there supposed to be a gap between the caps and hard lines cause some of mine have gaps and others don't and they all popped on. I screwed myself as well cause i thought o thats strange didn't notice that so i went to go press one on the other side down some more and it broke the top right off haha. just strange that some are right against the hard lines and others have a gap anyway real question is why is this one still leaking???

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the caps that are leaking and exchange them for another cylinder, if they still leak, then the caps are defective.

I always just push the cap on over the 1st o'ring, then take a 11/16 deep socket and tap the cap down gently.

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. There is a gap between line nut and cap.

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

fordsrawesome

Reaction score
ok thats strange hows come some don't have a gap and some do? and like i said only the one leaks. what about trying a old cap on that injector and seeing if that works? or should i just stick with a new one?

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The caps "snap" into place with a "click". I just push them on by hand, but I do use a little synthetic lube on the o rings. The gap is maybe the size of a o ring on mine. Just replaced mine this weekend. In my experience if there all the way touching the line nut there not down correctly. Perhaps someone else will confirm this. I have only done three or four kits. They can be finicky for sure.

fordsrawesome

Reaction score
OK then I know that they aren't down all the way but today when I tried to get them down the one just broke the top off weird that even if installed incorrectly they don't leak biggest prob is that dang number one injector gunna switch caps to a different one

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea... No where near that much force required to lock them down. Usually just easy push and maybe wiggle slightly.

fordsrawesome

Reaction score
Ok guys I have switched caps multiple times and its still cylinder number one leaking from the cap??? What gives? I don't get it could the injector actually have a scrape in it or some things causing the orings to not seal? But then why is it leaking over top and bottom of cap tried two new ones and a old one they only leak on that injector???? Help guys I'm stumped

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did ya ever think to look for a crack line right close to the top of the nut? I'll bet thats it. Very hard to see. Take the line off and blow some air back towards the IP a cracked line will show up.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You been screwing with caps and O'rings for over a week now. Take the line loose, hold the nut up, push the line down into the injector and see if it sets in the injector socket square, look at the injector threads to see if there cross threaded, look at the nut it may be cracked. All else fails, put a new line and injector in that hole.

fordsrawesome

Reaction score
Ok ya I thot bout getting a set of bb's anyway I'm just annoyed this should not be this hard I work on my vehicles all the time always have and i m stubborn haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle